Thai Farang Fights

xyborg

Anybody who lives in Thailand that has contributed subject matter to this thread needs to leave Thailand today and please, don't return until you know how to behave and think more clearly.

u talking to me? u talking to me? u talking to me? then who the hel_l u talking to? im here make ur move punk.

Edited by longway

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh at first. Some of my other posts might sound a little harsh as well but there has to be someone to ballance the vast majority of harsh Thai coments on here :o

If we look at the post closely it could be interpreted a number of ways and that doesn’t take into account the little bits people add and subtract from their story. If it exactly as he said then it sounds nasty however I still think we would need to hear the full story before we can make a real judgment.

I’m not saying it couldn’t happen but it sounds a little unlikely.

Edited by madjbs

The whole thing could be BS but I know from experience that the scenario he described does happen and has happened to me, unfortunately I was alone so when after I used all my skills to diffuse the situation the man STILL wanted to hurt me I could either fight or flee, since his 6 friends were hiding around the corner waiting for it to go down I fled. I dont think it was cowardly in any way heh. But maybe I just like to see things in a way that makes me look good!

Damian Mavis

Whether it happened or not with Jamie and company, and every one came out alive, than I hope the NZ rugby squad thanked their lucky stars they got out with only some stitches, bruises and a stab in the shoulder.

Rest assured, in Thailand, where there are lots of girls, there are guns, and if such a situation really broke out into a rumble as described, quite amazing no guns were drawn or no back up came when the burly bobby (or whichever one it was) was pounding away on a little Thai.

Anyway, the poster of that particular thread would likely not survive in Thailand long as seen from his mentality and conclusions. Had the initial guy gotten beaten down before he got out, by the time word gotten round, dude's boys would have had 'face' and 'honor' to save or prove.

Kind of peculiar how the poster was sure it was eight guys. If it was a group that big, might as well been 9 or 10 or 7, what were they counting in the midst swinging knifes and rods?

Most of the posts about fights in here seem to revolve around people being drunk, i really dont see the need to get into fights with thais.

Regarding them ganging up its an asian thing, in the clubs in the uk they are known for entering the clubs in huge gangs and just starting near riots in clubs then leaving, they have an awful reputation in the UK and several clubs have to shut for weeks at a time due to police restraints on them for having such large fights occur in their clubs.

though these guys arent thai they are chinese its the same thing in terms of ganging up

personally i just avoid those clubs so it doesnt involve me, i have better things to do than fight with people.

Edited by mart29

Ya alot of fights start because of alcohol, which is one of the major reasons I dont drink and never have had a drink in my entire life. Someone call me a liar heh.

Damian Mavis

yeah i think its a matter of common sense to not drink too much and to avoid rough areas and avoid fights.

tbh thai people have been nothing but nice to me and more generous than any other race ive come across.

i find this thread fairly disturbing, i certainly hope i never find myself in a situtation where i have to have a fight in thailand, needless to say if i do it wont be my doing as i will do what i can to avoid it.

Exactly my point longway, they provoked the situation and when it backfired they come crying. They should have just left or paid for the guys drink etc.. Im not saying what the thai guys did was right (it wasnt) but if they want to play at threatening someone so they back off they should be willing to pay the price.

<deleted>! i've had a couple of drinks knocked over before by Thais in night clubs and some havn't said sorry or for sure have no way offered to pay for a new one. What advice do you give me on this.

The Thais in that situation got what they wanted.

Exactly my point longway, they provoked the situation and when it backfired they come crying. They should have just left or paid for the guys drink etc.. Im not saying what the thai guys did was right (it wasnt) but if they want to play at threatening someone so they back off they should be willing to pay the price.

well i dont know what happened. but when i hear someone say that 8 guys came after him with tire irons after he spilt a guy's drink and apologised. i assume he's leaving some thing out. :o

I have tried to keep out of this but "longway" you are from another planet............. people who want to get in fights will and it doesnt matter if it is a spilled drink or stepping on his toe.........that is just an excuse.

keep out of fights but if you are in one you had better win and make sure your attacker cannot get up to keep it going, you might not be so lucky the second time

thats why pepe would hit him twice.......... streetsmart

If pepe didnt pick up the knife afterwards he wouldnt have been very smart............ longway, if you were lucky enough to win would you have given it back to the katoy?

You know to me I feel as tho I have lowered myself deeply even looking into this thread ... it was a ship in the night ... and long may it stay as that ... I have better things to do

Absolutely agreed. Can we sink the ship, please?

Anybody who lives in Thailand that has contributed subject matter to this thread needs to leave Thailand today and please, don't return until you know how to behave and think more clearly.

u talking to me? u talking to me? u talking to me? then who the hel_l u talking to? im here make ur move punk.

:o:D

well i dont know what happened. but when i hear someone say that 8 guys came after him with tire irons after he spilt a guy's drink and apologised. i assume he's leaving some thing out. :D

I have tried to keep out of this but "longway" you are from another planet............. people who want to get in fights will and it doesnt matter if it is a spilled drink or stepping on his toe.........that is just an excuse.

keep out of fights but if you are in one you had better win and make sure your attacker cannot get up to keep it going, you might not be so lucky the second time

If pepe didnt pick up the knife afterwards he wouldnt have been very smart............ longway, if you were lucky enough to win would you have given it back to the katoy?

-------------------------

Heads up Jimmy,

Well back from a nice 4 day vacation visiting relatives in Las Vegas. Beautiful weather and fantastic time.

I'm surprised to still see the debate going on. They should have caught some of the action in the old days on Springfield Ave. or Orange St in Newark, Ey Jimmy.

Fighting, my God I've had enough of it.

I have other stories much more exciting than this.

It's incredible that some of you find this encounter so unbelievable. Just really glad I didn't get hurt and that the girl who stuck the knife in my face will probably think twice about trying to stab someone again.

I saw he on the beach the next day sucking down a Leo with a big bandage on her head. Pretty pathetic.

I have been vegeterian since 1974. "Ahimsa", non violence is an important principle to me. I try to follow Buddha's teachings. These days I give myself an 80/20 success rate. Still room for improvement.

Discretion is most definitely the better part of valor. However when my life or safety is threatened and happens quickly and there's no place to run, or the life of another defenseless person' s is, especially a if woman or child is threatened, historically I have done what needs to be done.

I used to love to fight when I was a young guy. No need to speak of former training or experience as it will be just another perceived lie.

Key word, perceived.

Well carry on though, if it entertains you.

At least some thing positive came out of this waste of time... :o

Right, but that won't cut it if someone is determined to hurt/rob/kill/rape you. These things DO happen, but ya most fights CAN be avoided, it's the rare occasion it can't be avoided that you better have more than a kind word or "let them know who's in charge" philosophy. Running like a ###### fool for instance.

p.s. why is d a m n censored? what are we preschoolers? GEEZE!

Damian Mavis

Edited by DamianMavis

:o:D

relax just a quote from taxi driver. robert de niro etc look it up.

well i dont know what happened. but when i hear someone say that 8 guys came after him with tire irons after he spilt a guy's drink and apologised. i assume he's leaving some thing out. :o

perhaps if u believe everythiung u read on the internet then u are from another planet. there are always people looking for fights, but if someone runs off to bring 8 people back with him armed to the teeth, u would normally assume something more than a spilt drink has occured.

if u did even notice i did say in later post i thought the account came accross true on the second reading.

pepe's dream sequence:

its got nothing to do with some guy being able to fight off a couple of kathoey thats not what is unbeleivable. but is story is, his post just has too many fantasy type elements to it.

and what the fk are u talking about, giving the knife back, fck the knife. they are a dime a dozen here. i just would not a have stopped to pick it up once it was all over. i would have left asap. perhaps u need to wake up a bit urself.

Edited by longway

well i dont know what happened. but when i hear someone say that 8 guys came after him with tire irons after he spilt a guy's drink and apologised. i assume he's leaving some thing out. :D

-------------------------

Heads up Jimmy,

Well back from a nice 4 day vacation visiting relatives in Las Vegas. Beautiful weather and fantastic time.

I'm surprised to still see the debate going on. They should have caught some of the action in the old days on Springfield Ave. or Orange St in Newark, Ey Jimmy.

It's incredible that some of you find this encounter so unbelievable. Just really glad I didn't get hurt and that the girl who stuck the knife in my face will probably think twice about trying to stab someone again.

I saw he on the beach the next day sucking down a Leo with a big bandage on her head. Pretty pathetic.

I have been vegeterian since 1974. "Ahimsa", non violence is an important principle to me. I try to follow Buddha's teachings. These days I give myself an 80/20 success rate. Still room for improvement.

Discretion is most definitely the better part of valor. However when my life or safety is threatened and happens quickly and there's no place to run, or the life of another defenseless person' s is, especially a if woman or child is threatened, historically I have done what needs to be done.

I used to love to fight when I was a young guy. No need to speak of former training or experience as it will be just another perceived lie.

Key word, perceived.

At least some thing positive came out of this waste of time... :D

i dont believe u but obviously some do. but i seriously dont give a ###### anymore. i should hv left it alone myself, but replied to UG.

and no its not that entertaining. :o

Edited by longway

Heads up Jimmy,

Key word, perceived.

At least some thing positive came out of this waste of time... :o

I miss a lot of things about growing up there but not all the fighting i had to do. Newark was number 1 in the states for crime and drugs when i grew up. moving to LA was a pleasure after the military and now retiring here is good aside from the obvious bozos.

Damion, ive been into martial arts for 40 years, look me up if your ever in pattaya, we can have a bottled water sometime since neither of us is into drinking

Thankfully, I've never been in a confrontation w/ any of the locals during my 7 years here!

Of course, there have been drunken instances where I've spilled a drink on someone / knocked their glass / banged into them, but

A polite apology and a smile has always sufficed and caused me no trouble.

Most of the times, brawls like this are over a girl, and I've made it a point NOT to approach any woman that appears to have come w/ any locals (unless they're gay).

9 times out of 10, Thai women that come w/ gay men are always hot, on the prowl and looking to hook up!

Even groups of only Thai girls are a safe bet and it's never a problem striking up a conversation w/ them.

However, Thai girls w/ Thai males are best avoided (even if you know them indirectly thru friends).

The Thai's are def. not to be messed about with with esp. when both parties are intoxicated.

They're utterly vicious and merciless and think nothing of any number ganging up against one person.

The mentality here is not 'fair fight' but rather, last man standing, be it 1 vs. 10 or 1 vs. 100.

hel_l, a Thai friend of mine was ganged up on by 11 other guys, but he was of considerable size and managed to 'ward' off their attacks, at best.

Had to be taken to the hospital nontheless for some patching up..

I've seen my share of Thai fist fights outside Flix / Slim /Route down at R.C.A and they're almost always not pleasant.

I have to say that if you're the type of person that's looking for trouble (and you don't even know it), it will find you.

At the end of the day, despite how careful you maybe, sometimes trouble just finds you and you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

For times like this, it's always helpful if you know the right kind of locals to sort out a sticky situation :o

Edited by varun

Thankfully, I've never been in a confrontation w/ any of the locals during my 7 years here!

Of course, there have been drunken instances where I've spilled a drink on someone / knocked their glass / banged into them, but

A polite apology and a smile has always sufficed and caused me no trouble.

Most of the times, brawls like this are over a girl, and I've made it a point NOT to approach any woman that appears to have come w/ any locals (unless they're gay).

9 times out of 10, Thai women that come w/ gay men are always hot, on the prowl and looking to hook up!

Even groups of only Thai girls are a safe bet and it's never a problem striking up a conversation w/ them.

However, Thai girls w/ Thai males are best avoided (even if you know them indirectly thru friends).

The Thai's are def. not to be messed about with with esp. when both parties are intoxicated.

They're utterly vicious and merciless and think nothing of any number ganging up against one person.

The mentality here is not 'fair fight' but rather, last man standing, be it 1 vs. 10 or 1 vs. 100.

hel_l, a Thai friend of mine was ganged up on by 11 other guys, but he was of considerable size and managed to 'ward' off their attacks, at best.

Had to be taken to the hospital nontheless for some patching up..

I've seen my share of Thai fist fights outside Flix / Slim /Route down at R.C.A and they're almost always not pleasant.

I have to say that if you're the type of person that's looking for trouble (and you don't even know it), it will find you.

At the end of the day, despite how careful you maybe, sometimes trouble just finds you and you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

For times like this, it's always helpful if you know the right kind of locals to sort out a sticky situation :o

---------------------------

Most accurate descriptions and advice yet. Hopefully someone listens... :D

Hey Jimmys, you bet. I haven't been to Pattaya in ages unfortunately, I used to go to train kungfu with Sifu on Sukhumvit as often as possible but now I just dont have time or the patience for the hassle of the bus... as soon as I buy a car I'll be going there once a week to train with him as I can drive home right after and not worry about getting home the next day in time for work..... well, right after I have a great Pattaya meal! A couple of my favorite restaurants are in Pattaya, god I miss the cheap but tasty Italian food at (think its called) Pasta 69. Even though I have my own school I will always want to learn from my seniors in the martial arts.

Damian Mavis