Cans Of Compressed Air

Mobi

I went to Tuk Com. Couldn't find any compressed air anywhere. All I found was a can called a "Power Duster" which cost around 400 Baht. It may in fact be compressed air - I'm not really sure. :o

The air came out very cold and left a layer of 'frost' over the sprayed item. After using it a couple times, the air stopped coming out at force and was useless. Not really sure what I've got, but doubt it's the genuine article, and 400 Baht is lot of money for something that packs up after a couple of squirts.

Ah well, I'll try to find some in BKK next time I'm there.

Amorn in the basement at Tuk Com has B160 cans of compressed air in stock again on 3 November.

• 11 months later...

In BKK, I've looked all around the computer and audio sections, and never found cans of compressed air at Tesco stores, or Carrefour, or Office Depot, or a few others...for that matter.... Seems VERY hard to find around these parts....

Amorn is a good suggestion... I believe there is one of their shops in the FortuneTown IT Mall on Rachadaphisek Road near the Param 9 MRT station, but I haven't checked for it there yet...

Anyone else have any good ideas for where to find such a thing in BKK??? And is there a Thai language name for this thing????

Are the TV servers programmed to recycle 1-year old threads automatically?

Is this to make the forum look busy in low-season?

Or did the last poster search this thread and post even though it's past it's sell-by date and he lives in Bangkok?

Thanks for the very helpful non-answer..... It's as simple as, I do in fact need a can of the stuff... And all the back and forth above was 1) months ago and 2) not very much info on where to find in BKK?? Understand now?

You want me to create a new and separate thread...just because I'm in BKK??? :o

Edited by jfchandler

Yes jf, all clear now.

You are in Bangkok and searching earnestly for a certain product in Bangkok by posting in the Pattaya forum.

So, as stated by myself in November last year, unless they are sold out, Amorn downstairs at Tuckom on South Road Pattaya is still the best bet for finding it in stock in Pattaya.

Now, do you know how to get from Bangkok to Pattaya or are you going to hijack another ancient thread to get directions?

^^ jf, the thread is clearly titled

"Cans Of Compressed Air, Anyone seen them for sale in Pattaya?"

It is posted in the Pattaya Forum

You are getting upset that nobody following this Pattaya thread has told you where to find it in Bangkok. The people in Pattaya are buying this item in Pattaya and most likely have never sought to buy it in Bangkok so would be unable to assist you.

I do not wish to be rude but it would seem so much more logical and probably guarantee faster responses with all the recommendations you seek if you posted a new thread in a relevant Bangkok forum on TV.

Edited by NanLaew

Well, I for one am glad that the esteemed jfchandler has resurrected this thread....

Because I'm still looking for cans of compressed air in Pattaya :D

Anyone seen any lately?

BTW NL. maybe jfc is looking for an excuse to make a trip to Pattaya :o

Thanks Mobi...

I know...it may have totally escaped some people that Pattaya and BKK are not ENTIRELY different worlds about such things.... For example, both cities have Tescos, Carrefours, Big Cs, Amorns, etc etc....

So chances are, if someone spots something at one of those shops in Pattaya (or doesn't), it's pretty likely there will be the same result at its sister store in the other city, since their stocking habits are going to be very similar...

That and, hard as it may be to believe, Pattaya folks do come to BKK at times for their shopping, whereas BKK folks have been known to occasionally visit Pattaya also... though... not sure if when they go...they go looking for cans of air.. cans... but not cans of air... :o

Mobi, Mobi, Mobi.... didn't you get some last November when I posted availability? Or do you have a serious 'habit'?

Tell you what, when I get back next week, I will go and buy a carton of the stuff and then you can make the excuses to your respective 'she who must be obeyed', hit Pattaya, we meet up and I can hook you up with your 'fix'.

I will also have the cans of compressed air.

Mobi, Mobi, Mobi.... didn't you get some last November when I posted availability? Or do you have a serious 'habit'?

Tell you what, when I get back next week, I will go and buy a carton of the stuff and then you can make the excuses to your respective 'she who must be obeyed', hit Pattaya, we meet up and I can hook you up with your 'fix'.

I will also have the cans of compressed air.

No I didn't get it. I couldn't find any :o

It would be very nice if you could buy some for me as I seem to be a total failure in the business of finding cans of compressed air.

I would be happy to meet up, and buy you beer, but I'm not sure anything will be open before 6 p.m. :D

If you just want to clean the keyboard, it's easy. Take it to the laundry, turn upside down over the trough, then scrub with a soft brush dipped in hot soapy water. Dry whilst still upside down on a towel. Been doing it 2 weekly for years! But then I do eat and sometimes sleep in front of the computer.

Edited by BSJ

I think what we might be saying here is... the photo is very nice...

But... WHERE did you get/find it??? (the can... not the photo....)

I do not live in Pattaya so I have no idea where to get it there. I had to obtain a couple cans about a month ago here in CM and had a hel_l-of-a time finding it here. I did find some at the Pantip Plaza near the night bazaar. I bought the last two cans in stock. Since then I have had contact with a distributor in BKK who wants to provide it for my but only by the case (24 x 370 baht)... Since I only need a can about every six months or so I will just hang on to the two I have now and venture on another look when the time comes. I would think that with all the electronics stores in Pantip Plaza (BKK) someone surely has to have a can or two around. Does BKK have a Ripoff Shack (errrr mean Radio Shack)?

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

You can now buy compressed air in spray cans at Amorn Center in the basement of Tuk Com, price is 180 Baht. I did today, brand name is Kloud dust remover. I didn't know what to do with it, but reading this thread made me also want one to be hip and with the in-crowd. So I put the thin plastic applicator pipe up my nostrils and snorted away. Of brother what fun!

You can now buy compressed air in spray cans at Amorn Center in the basement of Tuk Com, price is 180 Baht. I did today, brand name is Kloud dust remover. I didn't know what to do with it, but reading this thread made me also want one to be hip and with the in-crowd. So I put the thin plastic applicator pipe up my nostrils and snorted away. Of brother what fun!

SAFETY PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Since most inert dusting gases contain Freon to compress the air I thought I would help you out and post a bit from the MSDS for Freon.... Good Luck 'Mr Hipster'!

Inhalation of high concentrations of vapor is harmful and

may cause heart irregularities, unconsciousness, or death.

Intentional misuse or deliberate inhalation may cause death

without warning. Vapor reduces oxygen available for

breathing and is heavier than air. Liquid contact can cause

frostbite.

Overexposure by inhalation may include nonspecific

discomfort such as nausea, headache, or weakness; temporary

nervous system depression with anesthetic effects such as

dizziness, headache, confusion, incoordination, and loss of

consciousness; or with gross overexposure (>20%), possibly

temporary alteration of the heart’s electrical activity with

irregular pulse, palpitations, or inadequate circulation.

Individuals with preexisting diseases of the central nervous

or cardiovascular system may have increased susceptibility

to the toxicity of excessive exposures. Eye or skin contact

with the liquid may cause frostbite.

I saw the same brand at Amorn in Laemthong Rayong today. The can says ozone safe so spray in the nose all you want.

post-20917-1224069810_thumb.jpg

Sorry the pic is not clear from my phone camera

Thanks to the suggestions above of Longball and MeaMaximaCulpa, I stopped by today the large Amorn shop on the 4th floor of Fortune Town IT plaza in BKK near the Rama 9 MRT station, and sure enough....

On the back wall, they have a whole section of various spray cleaners and such, including the Kloud compressed air dust sprays and even small and large cans of WD-40 spray lubricant. I picked up a small, 6.5 oz. can of WD-40 for 83 baht.

By the time I got to Amorn, I'd already also found bought the same Kloud compressed air dust spray cans at a smaller computer accessories shop on the third floor (phone 081-337-9804) for 199 baht per can. Someone earlier was saying they were getting nicked for 300b per can????

So, in BKK, forget Tesco and Carrefour and Office Depot and the big general retail stores, and head over to Pantip or Fortune Town IT... That seems to be the ticket.

PS - Glad to have Thai Visa to rely on for sorting these kinds of things... :o