You Hear It - You See It - You Don't Believe It !

SwaziBird

I was walking down Huay Kaew Road sidewalk opposite Kad Suan Kaew, busy weaving in and out of parked motorcyles and minding my own business when a I heard an incredibly noisy red van approaching from behind, all hoarded up with advertising /bill boards - with speakers blaring out with much greater intensity than I have ever heard before (so you can imagine how noisy that must have been ) - but I couldn't discern the words.

As it approached the cacophany grew and then I saw a second identically clad vehicle behind it and then a third.

The space between each of the three vehicles was about 20 metres - the speakers were all at max and of course were not synchronised - so what the heck !!!

Any comments ?

Have a Good Day

Situation normal. Welcome to Thailand! :D

look out for the ones with these on them trucks. means good luck going to strike soon. :o

And beware the single, tatty little red songtaew with loud, ear-scratching "music" and a Teutonic sounding voice shouting "Are you READY?" - and then touting some muay Thai boxing match somewhere.

If the farang responsible jumps out and thrusts a leaflet under our nose - just ask to see his Work Permit. You'll never see an old songtaew take off quite so quick!

Situation normal. Welcome to Thailand! :D

look out for the ones with these on them trucks. means good luck going to strike soon. :o

And beware the single, tatty little red songtaew with loud, ear-scratching "music" and a Teutonic sounding voice shouting "Are you READY?" - and then touting some muay Thai boxing match somewhere.

If the farang responsible jumps out and thrusts a leaflet under our nose - just ask to see his Work Permit. You'll never see an old songtaew take off quite so quick!

Hey I know that guy !

I saw he is not involved anymore , not seen him in a long time .

Now I see , from the same place , but different organisers and muy thai teams , advertising ( screaming).

Give them a break , they are just helping those guys out , the farang is not making any money out of it .

Just for fun what I know of .....whatever normal practise though .

I was walking down Huay Kaew Road sidewalk opposite Kad Suan Kaew, busy weaving in and out of parked motorcyles and minding my own business when a I heard an incredibly noisy red van approaching from behind, all hoarded up with advertising /bill boards - with speakers blaring out with much greater intensity than I have ever heard before (so you can imagine how noisy that must have been ) - but I couldn't discern the words.

As it approached the cacophany grew and then I saw a second identically clad vehicle behind it and then a third.

The space between each of the three vehicles was about 20 metres - the speakers were all at max and of course were not synchronised - so what the heck !!!

Any comments ?

Have a Good Day

It's just saying "You die, American Marines!" They aren't allowed to use that in the movies any more.... :o

Any comments ?

Have a Good Day

Yep - welcome to Thailand, well Chiang Mai for sure!

Just wait until there is a local election at the same time as a general election at the same time as a Muay Thai exhibition match at the same time as Toyota release a new model Vigo at the same time as Yamaha produce yet another competitor to the Honda Dream/Wave at the same time as the local IT mall has a special HP promotion at the same time as a new energy drink is released at the same time as tigerbeer has a sale at his furniture emporium . . . . earplugs at B250 per dozen, PM me!

JxP

Just wait until there is a local election at the same time as a general election at the same time as a Muay Thai exhibition match at the same time as Toyota release a new model Vigo at the same time as Yamaha produce yet another competitor to the Honda Dream/Wave at the same time as the local IT mall has a special HP promotion at the same time as a new energy drink is released at the same time as tigerbeer has a sale at his furniture emporium . . . . earplugs at B250 per dozen, PM me!

JxP

:o:D:D

C'mon, it's one of those things that sure makes Thailand unique! :D Why otherwise would UG say 'situation normal', McG laughs his guts out and you react on it?

After a while, you hardly take notice anymore.

Nienke

Any comments ?

Have a Good Day

JxP

:o when we having beer jxp? i'll bring my convoy.

Let's see if we can get some useful information out of this thread:

How much is it to rent one of those speaker cars, and what restrictions are there on messages you can broadcast? Is any language acceptable?

If, just as an example, I wanted to rent one or more trucks that blasted out barbecue sauce recipies in Xhosa or Welsh at ear splitting volume, would that be ok?

JxP

:D:D:D

C'mon, it's one of those things that sure makes Thailand unique! :D Why otherwise would UG say 'situation normal', McG laughs his guts out and you react on it?

Nienke

notice what? :o:bah:

:D:D:D

Nienke

notice what? :o:bah:

Well, here's one answer to your question, M_S. Why taking the trouble, while nobody notice it anyway, let alone understand? :bah:

:o:D:D

Nienke

I thought that I was being sympathetic and helpful. :bah:

. . . and I prefer to remain very aware of my surroundings - you never know when you'll miss a decent closing down sale. :D

JxP