Who Will Hire Me?

Hi all,

I was wondering is it easy to get a job in Bangkok? I am a 22 year old chinese of Malaysian nationality, have a Bachelor's Degree in IT and have worked about 1 year plus in MNCs before. My technical skills are quite limited. I speak good english.

However, I do not have a work permit and do not speak thai. I do not want to go back to the IT industry therefore whatever job I would be applying I would not have any experience in, making it harder. Will it be easy to get a job for my case?

Regards

Hi all,

I was wondering is it easy to get a job in Bangkok? I am a 22 year old chinese of Malaysian nationality, have a Bachelor's Degree in IT and have worked about 1 year plus in MNCs before. My technical skills are quite limited. I speak good english.

However, I do not have a work permit and do not speak thai. I do not want to go back to the IT industry therefore whatever job I would be applying I would not have any experience in, making it harder. Will it be easy to get a job for my case?

Regards

dont wanna discourage you, but in my opinion its virtually impossible for you to find a legal job in Thailand. I know Chinese Malaysians often speak an excellent English, but even for a teaching job Thais will always prefer a Caucasian, only for the reason that he looks Western....

Sorry to mirror the sentiments above, but its gonna be ###### hard. I suggest you try to get transferred here through your MNC.

Any particular reason as to why Thailand?

Or to put it more bluntly, what is her name? :o

Sorry to mirror the sentiments above, but its gonna be ###### hard. I suggest you try to get transferred here through your MNC.

That is cruel, but funny and most likely true :D

That is cruel, but funny and most likely true :D

genuinely didn't mean to be cruel. This particular mod has more than once chased a girl half way across the world. The last one, I married. Good on him, I say.

There are lots of IT jobs in Bangkok. Being of Chinese decent doesn't seem like a big drawback, since many successful Thai's are ethnic Chinese. I don't know about the Malay aspect of it.

But if are living in Bangkok, and you knock on enough doors, it seems to me that sooner or later you'll land some sort of entry level IT job, at least.

Your employer will help you with the work permit.

UC

/edit: forgot to add that honing your strongest skill will help you show proficiency and readiness. Try doing something on your own that will show your abilities.

Edited by Upcountry

Hi all,

Regards

PM me with your number, I might be able to help you.

edit: If you will work in IT again.

Edited by maipleur