Philippines Visa

30 days Visa on arrival - Be aware than return ticket within 30 days, often must be shown at arrival.

Extend to 59 days cost 3130php.

Extend every 2 months OR 6 months extension now in Manila and Cebu.

The 6 month Visa:

1. You must have been here almost 2 months. You can not get 6 months after your 30 free days. Must first extend to 59 days.

2. The 6 month visa can not take you past 16 months stay.

3. 6 months visa you only get twice - once at 2 months and again at 8 months.

4. 6 months visa cost same as 3 x 2 months extension + a smaller fee.

Visa Fees :

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

Asia2000

Cebu

30 days Visa on arrival - Be aware than return ticket within 30 days, often must be shown at arrival.

Extend to 59 days cost 3130php.

Extend every 2 months OR 6 months extension now in Manila and Cebu.

The 6 month Visa:

1. You must have been here almost 2 months. You can not get 6 months after your 30 free days. Must first extend to 59 days.

2. The 6 month visa can not take you past 16 months stay.

3. 6 months visa you only get twice - once at 2 months and again at 8 months.

4. 6 months visa cost same as 3 x 2 months extension + a smaller fee.

Visa Fees :

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

Asia2000

Cebu

Hi Asia2000

Just asking a quick question please mate (looks like you know about Philippines), with all that is going on with the entry visas back in to Thailand, I am now planning on ,coming to Manila to see if I can get myself a visa for Thai, but at the same time I can give myself a little holiday in the Philly's,

I take it we can still get visa in Manila , I have all the right paperwork marriage birth certs and bank books, can only find one entry on TV about manila Thai consulate.

I think from reading your answers above I will have no problems when I arrive in Manila ,late at night , getting a visa on entry, might even pop down to the beaches for a few days

Kind Regards

Andy

Andy, no problems whatsoever getting a visa on arrival in the Philippines. Also no problems extending your visa. I've lived here since October 2010 on a tourist visa. I periodically leave and visit Thailand and other S.E. Asian countries when I get board and need a temporary change of scenery.

Enjoy your stay, Mabuhay!

• Like 1

Andy, no problems whatsoever getting a visa on arrival in the Philippines. Also no problems extending your visa. I've lived here since October 2010 on a tourist visa. I periodically leave and visit Thailand and other S.E. Asian countries when I get board and need a temporary change of scenery.

Enjoy your stay, Mabuhay!

Many thank Mabuhay

Great news for me looking forward to getting over now , was worried about getting back in Thailand , but now will get a visa in Manila same time have a little holiday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

anytime you leave the Philippines the validity of a visa on arrival extension is automatically exhausted. So, if you purchase a 6 month extension at immigration and you leave 3 months later, you can return at anytime, but you start over from the beginning.

Permanent residence and other types of immigrant visa's are a different ball game.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

2019 now, and a influx of former thai expats already. Guessing the latest new rules to 'retirement' didn't go well with many expats.

No re-entry permit here as mentioned before, 

Visa laws don't change much in Philippines, so no stress, not same in Thailand.

Only know a few who use Philippines retirement option SRRV, a few payment options 20.000 $, 10.000$.

Most here stay on tourist visa forever.

Take exchange rates into consideration, as a big big bonus.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Special Resident Retirees Visa (SRRV). This is to try and get more expats to retire in the Philippines and pump money into the local economy

It seems like Thailand doesn't see this part of 'a rising tide floats all boats'. Pension dollars are a clean input to GDP and increases the velocity of money directly. 

Excellent post, very useful.