Philippines Visa

The following are links to Philippines Government web sites containing visa information.

visa guidelines

http://www.gov.ph/se...sa-application/

http://www.dfa.gov.p...es-requirements

Ministry of Tourism

Phillipines immigration

All sites are fairly detailed, with information on all Visa types.

Edited by Mario2008
corrected outdated linked
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
The following are links to Philippines Government web sites containing visa information.

Official Website of Philippines Govt.

Department of Foreign Affairs

Bureau of Immigration

All sites are fairly detailed, with information on all Visa types.

The links aren't working. I found this, someone mentioned about that crazy prices, it think, yes as they're very cheap! Philippine peso is weaker than Thai Baht as 500pesos is just about 375 Baht!

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option...8&Itemid=43

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My wife is Filipina so every time I arrive in the country (with her) I automatically get a free one year chop in my passport.

Prior to that, I had to go to the Immigration Office every two, or four, months, depending on how much I paid, to get a new chop. And each chop takes half a page, so after awhile I had to get pages added to my passport.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

There is no other place on the planet that is a cheap or as good a value for your $ than Thailand!

The cost of food and hotels-guesthouses are higher and of lower standard than in Thailand.

the + pf visiting the Philippines is that many Pinoys can speak English. Also, first run movies are cheeeeeeeeaaaaaap! 50-60peso =1.3USD

• 2 years later...

Going out drinking & nightlife is way cheaper in the Philippines, Price of local Beers & Rum couldn't be any cheaper. I pay about half a dollar for good beer and 1 dollar for good rum (liter) in the PI & its way more expensive in Thailand.. The Thai ladys all want more money too..

There is no other place on the planet that is a cheap or as good a value for your $ than Thailand!

The cost of food and hotels-guesthouses are higher and of lower standard than in Thailand.

the + pf visiting the Philippines is that many Pinoys can speak English. Also, first run movies are cheeeeeeeeaaaaaap! 50-60peso =1.3USD

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update 2013:

Visa fee is rising in Philippines, I paid about 1000 USD for 1 year stay 2012-2013.

Single foreigners get 21 days on Arrival, extend to 59 days.

Be aware that one might be asked to show a return ticket at arrival in Phils, this should be within 21 days of arrival.

Many friends of mine was asked, I was not asked when I enter the country 2 times.

After 59 days stay, one extend 2 months at the time, up to 16 months where one have to leave the country for 1 day.

If you do your own extension, dress in pants, no short or sleevless shirts.

Some reports 2 year stay is possible - that requires approval from Chief of Bureau of Immigration, which is impossible very hard to get.

No multiple extensions in the country, only 2 months at the time. No 1 year visa option for single foreigner tourist per 2013.

Philippines has a retirement option, but requirements are higher than in Thailand, and very few use that option.

Visa agents can do your extension and charge a 30 USD fee for their service.

Bureau of Immigration website is not updated frequently, ask when in doubt.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/

I was charged Pesos 700 (about $17) to get the initial 38 day extension by the travel agency in the Swagman Hotel in Manila a couple of months ago. It took them about 7 days to do it though. They also didn't require proof of onward flight, which rather surprised me.

Edited by Rumpole

I was charged Pesos 700 (about $17) to get the initial 38 day extension by the travel agency in the Swagman Hotel in Manila a couple of months ago. It took them about 7 days to do it though. They also didn't require proof of onward flight, which rather surprised me.

Only at arrival to the Philippines, many reported they was asked to show return ticket at Immigration in the Airport.

Only at arrival to the Philippines, many reported they was asked to show return ticket at Immigration in the Airport.

Yes, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Cebu Pacific airlines however will not even let you board a flight to the Philippines without a return or onward ticket.

I have heard some expats say that the date on the outward ticket does not necessarily have to be within the initial 21 day free visa period. People have apparently used tickets with a later date. Obviously the usual S.E. Asian "grey area", highly dependent on which immigration officer you get and how he or she is feeling on the day.

• 4 weeks later...

never been asked for a return ticket on arrival, last visit 6 weeks ago, 21 days on arrival, extended at immigration 3030 pesos, got 39 days more, takes 1 hour tops, now I read they will give u 6 months extension on top of that to encourage more tourists to stay longer, somebody mentioned it will cost about 13000 pesos, so if true, then no need to go and extend every 2 months

Yes, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Cebu Pacific airlines however will not even let you board a flight to the Philippines without a return or onward ticket.

I have heard some expats say that the date on the outward ticket does not necessarily have to be within the initial 21 day free visa period. People have apparently used tickets with a later date. Obviously the usual S.E. Asian "grey area", highly dependent on which immigration officer you get and how he or she is feeling on the day.

Most Filipinos/Filipinas love westerners pesosnality, slip 500 pesos in your passport and watch it disappear

• 1 month later...

From August 1, 2013 visa on arrival is now 30 days.

I was asked to show return ticket at Immigration arrival,

and they had poster saying outbound ticket must be shown.

Long stay visa in Philippines is now a reality from August 1, 2013.

6 months long stay visa cost 8450 Php or $ 195 at todays exchange rate.

Long stay visa must be applied for at Manila Intramuros only.

1$ = 43.26 peso buying rate today.

1$ = 30.84 baht buying rate today.

Asia2000

Cebu

• Like 1

that's higher than vietnam cambodia india nepal bangaldesh sri lanka for long stay 6months.

RP philipines immigrations should adjust the price tag to 100 $ to make it Competitive in asia pacific.

why do they ask for return tickets? it only creat opportunities for immigration staff in manila cebu airport conniving with airlines staffs to extort more commission for themselves.

Asia2000

Cebu

• 1 month later...

For my last trip, I bought a "throwaway" Cebu Pacific ticket Manila - Kota Kinabalu for $20, which is cheaper than the $50 CP charge to change the dates of a return flight. I was only asked to produce it at the airline check-in desk (the idiot check-in clerk at Siem Reap airport had no idea where Kota Kinabalu is though, lol).

Edited by Rumpole

For my last trip, I bought a "throwaway" Cebu Pacific ticket Manila - Kota Kinabalu for $20, which is cheaper than the $50 CP charge to change the dates of a return flight. I was only asked to produce it at the airline check-in desk (the idiot check-in clerk at Siem Reap airport had no idea where Kota Kinabalu is though, lol).

you should go cebupacific website for web chechin serivices , printed out boarding pass by yourself, then just head to boarding gate directly , no need to bother those indiots at checkin desk...

you should go cebupacific website for web chechin serivices , printed out boarding pass by yourself, then just head to boarding gate directly , no need to bother those indiots at checkin desk...

You still have to deal with them if you have checked bags.

• 1 month later...

Asia2000

Cebu

Naturally the Philippines Immigration website still says 21 days http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=37

ever efficient...

Cathay Pacific makes a drama out of having a return ticket. The check-in staff insist on printing out the return ticket during check-in.

Never asked at immigration in manila or Cebu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was doing some research on things, and came across this.

LSVVE:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/long-stay-visitor-visa-extension-lsvve

You can extend 6 months within the country, as someone else said -- in Manila only for now -- up to a total of 16 months for 1 entry.

So if you get 30 days on initial, your last "6 month" extension attempt would be limited to 3 months or so, being capped at that 16 month.

30d(1m)+6m+6m = ~13 months

I guess its debatable whether that would be worth it, or leaving and re-entering to get the full 6m out of it.

If thats not long enough, then there are retirement options starting at 35 years old smile.png

SRRV: http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

Take care folks,

--M

Edited by matador007

It costs the same to just renew every 2 months. If you are in a province, it takes 10 minutes. In Manila. about an hour. Cebu is 10min at the mall, 1.5hr at the main office.

After 6 months when you are ready to leave, you must get an exit clearance.

Tons of info on the Phils expats sites.

Yuop, need an exit ticket to get in. If you need more than 16 months, pay about the same amount as a 2mo extension for a flight to Malysia ;-)

• 1 month later...

I have googled looking for a comprehensive forum group about the Philippines but there is too many and most seem to have very sparse use. Anyone recommend one anywhere near as useful as Thaivisa?

I'm looking for a lot of general sub-forums like we have here, anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

@jmccarty

Nothing similar to Thaivisa, due to far less expats in PI, and they're all over the country.

A few forums, but few members and not much activity compared with Thaivisa.

Will send you a PM (links/names to other forums not allowed here)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It should be noted that with extensions you can now stay in the Philippines up to a maximum of 3 years on a single entry. Once you hit the 16 month mark you have to file a legal document called a "motion for consideration" with immigration.