Thailand Worst Shopping Mall/centre

The Gentleman Scamp

I have been to many a shopping mall in Thailand and to this day, the worst is easily Centre ONE at Victory Monument in Bangkok.

It's the most badly designed, confusing, rubbishy, tosspot mall I have ever been to, despite having some okay stuff in it.

I recently couldn't find my way to the down escalator and eventually saw it thorough a sheet of glass but couldn't get to it.

I eventually had to go all the way round the outside of the inside, past clothes stalls and all them piss poxy photo-sticker booths, and when I finally got to the escalator I had loads of people in my way and was so fed up that I was tempted to just vault over the balcony and fall to my death between McDonalds and a book stall - but I didn't, I just bit my tounge and got on the escalator and made my way to the skytrain where I managed to get one of the best seats (Against one of them glass partitions near the doors) - only I had to stand up because a pregnant woman got on.

*Actually, I didn't have to stand up and give her the seat but I did because that's the kinda wonderful, considerate and respectful diamond of a bloke that I am. :o

Finally, my apologies if this isn't up to my usual standard...

When I have the time I have two new topics to start, one on credit card companies back home, one on Sizzler restaurants and the sequel to my quiz which is much more fun than it's predacessor.

The Mall in Kalasin gets my vote , Christ have they not heard of A/c? It's a shame becaus I love rural Isaan , either come into the new millenium or stick with the old ways.

On the flip side , they have they tastiest morsels working there.... :o

I have been to many a shopping mall in Thailand and to this day, the worst is easily Centre ONE at Victory Monument in Bangkok.

agree on this one , but there are a super collection of university gals in tite skirts so there is plenty to look at :o:D:D

The Mall in Kalasin gets my vote , Christ have they not heard of A/c? It's a shame becaus I love rural Isaan , either come into the new millenium or stick with the old ways.

On the flip side , they have they tastiest morsels working there.... :o

Yeah, I've been in there too once and agree it's a bit of a shocka, especially the lack of a decent coffee shop. But, it's days are probably numbered as just about every provincial city in Isaan is now in the process of being invaded by the usual suspects of malldom, whose names I don't have to spell out. They have their standard franchise fart-food shops (Kacky Flied Chickthing, etc.) and hordes of mobile phone shops, catering to Toxin's new hordes of indebted, dyed-hair drones who believe Loger Merry, the Man on the Telly . Progress? Depends on you, but give me the good old days of genuine independent merchant choice anyday to the Mallady Fever now. Gai Yang & somtam vs Mcshite & Freedom flies. No contest. :D