Gps Maps For Nokia 6110 Or N95

Grover

You need to download the Nokia Maps APP from their website and transfer to your phone in data (not PC Suite) mode

All the maps are free but do not count on it being too good for travel outside Bangkok

I have the Nokia E91 and the GPS doesn't half drain the batteries!

Edited by Ian_B

Guest Reimar
I'd like to get country wide maps for Thailand on my 6110, which I purchased out of Thailand.

Does anyone know if the quality of the maps are good and how do you go about getting them ?

As far as I know the maps for Thailand not very good and most of them in Thai only!

But to get mor info please contact Mega Direct Notebook Co., Ltd., Room 4P 28, 4. Floor IT Mall Fortune Town, Ratchadapisek Rd., Bangkok, Tel. 0 2642 0731-2 Ext. 4028 and talk to K. Jo (he speaks english).

Cheers

welll smart2go (nokia navi) is a good option if you are not all day use navigation systems....

its also quite cheap ... however .. there is nothing better on this world as Garmin ...

where a Garmin setup for the N95 cost somethings about 6000 baht (almost double price)

for walking navigation .. and straight forward navi .. ist smart2go enough ...

if you need to trust it in time-matters .. and doing complex routes ... there is nothing better as garmin.

As far as I know the maps for Thailand not very good and most of them in Thai only!

thats a matter where they are from !

this is never about the software only ... the quality of the map is as well a important issue.

same as in the most places on this world .. the best maps are from Navteq or Esri ...

in thailand the GIS leading Company is Esri ... but they have exclusive Deal with garmin ...

so:

product != garmin .. map not really state of art

product == garmin .. map and software almost perfect ..

BUT ... garmin is not cheap ... its a serious investment pay arround 10k just for a map ...

or 12k for a gps reciever with map license ...

on the other side ...

buy a cheap reciever for 5k and another 2k for cheap maps .. + weeks of terror with the problems .. is almost the same ;-)

Noia smart2go uses mapdate from teleatlas (same as i-go is using and google maps)

where the mapdata from nokia is FAR away from the quality of google maps ... (its all about money) ;-)

there will be a city guide some day ... but thats a good question when.

A bit off topic, but maybe worth mentioning. Nokia has bought the Navtec GPS mapping company. That tells me Nokia is VERY serious about GPS and that we may see some big improvements for Nokia GPS systems in the near future.