Cheapest Way To Get To Suvarnabhumi Airport

mmkin

Hitch hike! :o

Sorry, don't know of any public transport routes from Ratchada to Suwannaphumi. :D

If i get a taxi to the airport, will they go by the taxi meter or do i have to neg. with them the rate? if i need to negotiate the rate, what is the reasonable rate i should ask for?

Sorry, don't know of any public transport routes from Ratchada to Suwannaphumi. :D

If i get a taxi to the airport, will they go by the taxi meter or do i have to neg. with them the rate? if i need to negotiate the rate, what is the reasonable rate i should ask for?

Do something weird and get deported.

Wrong thinking mmkin

Get in a taxi, if they wont go by the meter get out again and find one that will.

TBWG :D

Wrong thinking mmkin

Get in a taxi, if they wont go by the meter get out again and find one that will.

ar. ok. so everything should be by the meter then. I got it. thank you.

Getting into a Taxi in Rachada you would rarely need to negotiate a rate. My guess is a meter fare from Rachada / Rama 9 to the airport would cost 130 - 150B.

Cheers.

Getting into a Taxi in Rachada you would rarely need to negotiate a rate. My guess is a meter fare from Rachada / Rama 9 to the airport would cost 130 - 150B.

Cheers.

I paid 180B on the meter last week from The Emerald on Rachada to Savanaboom, tip included (rounded up to the higher twenty)

He was a nice guy, I should have given him 200, but then I am kee niaw. :D

Im Staying at Rachada area and wanna know what is the cheapest way (other than a taxi & walking) to the Suvarnabhumi Airport? And what time does the service operate until?

Please help. thanks

Take a bus to Dong Muang and there the 555 at 35B to Savanaboom.

Alternative: the 555 takes the Chonburi high way somewhere near Fortune mall, find the right spot and take the 555 there, it stops on request at every bus stop under way, but I don't know Bangkok THAT well... :o

As mentionned earlier a taxi from Rachada might cost you 165 baht withouth tip.

Or take the subway to Sukhumvit/Asoke and take the 552 there, might take you 90 minutes though (did that once) The bus runs ground level below Banga/Trad highway, was very much congested the one time I took that bus, never again...

Edited by tartempion

There's a bus from Lad Phrao MRT/Park&Ride, but I forgot the number. I don't think it's 551. But if you were to go there I'm sure it's easy to get a taxi, and probably a minibus. 2 stations from Huay Kwang, which is likely where you're staying.

Edited by billp

Taxi is not too much expensive if you have many luggages.

You won't be comfort for the cheap price by take the bus and spend long time to Bkk Airport.

In this case,taxi is the best value of money!

If you don't have luggage,you can sleep on the bus to Bkk Airport<haha>or take the mini van to,just 40THB from DMK to BKK Airport.

take bus 551 or 555 from asok/rachada & rama IX...36thb runs every 30 min daylight hours...not sure if 24hrs

bus trip is just 40min w minimal traffic(as always on rama IX)...allow 3 hours before flight

Edited by pcruzer

Wrong thinking mmkin

Yeah.....but what if you've run up sixty or seventy baht on the metre?

QUOTE:"......get out again and find one that will."

Some Thai taxi drivers can be extremely vindictive individuals if you decide not to pay on principle!

Wrong thinking mmkin

Some Thai taxi drivers can be extremely vindictive individuals if you decide not to pay on principle!

I don't think anyone is suggesting avoiding a taxi fare once he has taken you somewhere. The point is that as soon as you get in a taxi in Bangkok you should always make sure he turns the meter on. If he does not, tell him to turn it on. If he will not, get out and wait for the next taxi.

If you have luggage to put in the back, make sure he will use the meter before you load up his car with your stuff!

Cheers.

I paid 180B on the meter last week from The Emerald on Rachada to Savanaboom, tip included (rounded up to the higher twenty)

He was a nice guy, I should have given him 200, but then I am kee niaw. :D

Tartempion,

I may stay at the Emerald. Haven't been to Thailand since the new airport opened. What is the taxi route to the airport from the Emerald? Is it down Ratchada then left on Rama IX? No expressway? How long does it take?

And from the airport to Emerald? Toll rate, if expressway taken. Duration?

Thanks.

Tartempion,

I may stay at the Emerald. Haven't been to Thailand since the new airport opened. What is the taxi route to the airport from the Emerald? Is it down Ratchada then left on Rama IX? No expressway? How long does it take?

And from the airport to Emerald? Toll rate, if expressway taken. Duration?

Thanks.

The Emerald is on Rachada past Carrefour and Robinsons, left side, corner before Huay Kwang subway station.

Taxi route is easy, one toll 40B, Chonbury expressway and right turn into Rachada, 30minutes, except last bit, arrived airport around 6.30pm, got stuck somewhat on Rachada. Hands-up for the breakfast buffet, best I got in Bagkok.

If you like japanese buffets try Daichii, first floor, around 500B all inclusive, I Prefer Daichii above Oishi.

Arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport.... lots of "Taxi" drivers etc... wanting 1,000 Baht to take me to the Sukumvit area. I finally found a taxi to take me for 500 Baht.

Going back, the Taxi Meter in Pattaya was 850 out of the hotel that I was staying in, or 800 Baht on the street. The street "arranger" wanted me to pay 20 Baht each for the 3 tolls. I agreed to go for 800 Baht without paying for the tolls. I gave the driver 20 Baht tip at the airport.

Dont know if I got a good deal or not. Any comments?

Dann C.

Arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport.... lots of "Taxi" drivers etc... wanting 1,000 Baht to take me to the Sukumvit area. I finally found a taxi to take me for 500 Baht.

Dann C.

Sorry, but I don't get this.

After collecting luggage walk out straigth, ignore the touts, (I am so unfriendly to hit them with my cart) find one of the taxi boots (level one used to have two) tell your destination to the employee, collect and keep the note with driver's name and car license, make sure he switches on the meter, pay the highway tolls and add 50 baht for the airport service to the meter, tip the driver if you wish. Around 300 baht unless you cross the city.

"Taxi" drivers don't have to hassle you not for 1000 baht, not for 500 neither...

Dann C.

Sorry, but I don't get this.

After collecting luggage walk out straigth, ignore the touts, (I am so unfriendly to hit them with my cart) find one of the taxi boots (level one used to have two) tell your destination to the employee, collect and keep the note with driver's name and car license, make sure he switches on the meter, pay the highway tolls and add 50 baht for the airport service to the meter, tip the driver if you wish. Around 300 baht unless you cross the city.

"Taxi" drivers don't have to hassle you not for 1000 baht, not for 500 neither...

i cant believe the problems people have getting a cab from the airport get in the meter goes on ,pay the tolls and 50b extra on top of the fare .

Going back, the Taxi Meter in Pattaya was 850 out of the hotel that I was staying in, or 800 Baht on the street. The street "arranger" wanted me to pay 20 Baht each for the 3 tolls. I agreed to go for 800 Baht without paying for the tolls. I gave the driver 20 Baht tip at the airport.

Dont know if I got a good deal or not. Any comments?

Dann C.

Sorry, but you were stuffed! I recall Sukhumvit should be less than 200 ish on the meter plus 50 thb plus tolls - less than 300thb - I used to go to soi 19 regularly but now (unless I have heaps of luggage, which is very rare) I use the other cheaper means ... eg - latest find (see below) mini van's at the bus terminus.

Not sure if it has been commented on too frequently in any thread but the mini van system around BKK is a joy if you can crack the system (i.e. where to get on and off and the routes) .. all the locals use them

I was at Soi 19 last week and my girlfirend persuaded me to use the mini bus from victory monumant to airport -- so Asok BTS to Vic Monument - about 10 mins, walk to mini van 5 mins, hopped in mini van , last seat and he was away - in Suvarnabhumi 20 mins later -- so: Soi 19 to airport 35 mins and approx 60 thb (can't be exact as I cannot remember the BTS fare.)

Last time I did the journey to Sukhunvit I used the AE3 airport express (outside arrivals) at 150ThB and hopped off at Soi19

But now my normal route will be from Suvarnabhumi to Sukhumvit -- shuttle bus to bus terminus / ground transport (free) then use mini ubs to Victory Monument (40Thb) - every 15/ 20 mins, then skytrain to anywhere on Sukhumvit - 15-30Thb.

Vans to from DM are also a steal at 40ThB compared with 400 for taxi and 1200 (give or take the odd 100) for a AOT Limosine!

I know a bit off topic but hope someone finds the advice about the minivan service useful

Wrong thinking mmkin

What I've done before - shout stop at a 7/11 then when you come out, jump in another taxi.