Two Couples In A Bar

Sexy Beast

I was recently in a ‘girlie bar’ on a Bangkok visit and somehow I’m sure accidentally two farang backpacker couples walked in sat down and ordered food and drink. Now either it didn’t concur to them or they didn’t care that this was a house of ill repute (maybe they thought it would be an adventure) however they did become aware of their immediate surroundings and the goings on about them. Older guys leaching over and fondling slim young Thai girlies (God forbid!) It was fun to watch the girls at first bemused leading to ‘I’m ignoring this’ reaction but their two blokes trying to ignore the girls as well and taking a reproachful attitude to the place.

What did they think they were doing there? In my opinion they belong on Khao San complaining about Israelis, have long winded debates about were is cheap to eat, admiring each others fisherman’s pants and swapping tales of great adventure out on Kho Phgn Ngn (if that’s how you spell it).

But lets take the girls out of the picture. What if these two twenty something young men entered that bar without their girlfriends? Would the guys behave in such a supercilious manner? Or would they become lewd, virile, young studs? I wonder …

I was recently in a ‘girlie bar’ on a Bangkok visit and somehow I’m sure accidentally two farang backpacker couples walked in sat down and ordered food and drink. Now either it didn’t concur to them or they didn’t care that this was a house of ill repute (maybe they thought it would be an adventure) however they did become aware of their immediate surroundings and the goings on about them. Older guys leaching over and fondling slim young Thai girlies (God forbid!) It was fun to watch the girls at first bemused leading to ‘I’m ignoring this’ reaction but their two blokes trying to ignore the girls as well and taking a reproachful attitude to the place.

What did they think they were doing there? In my opinion they belong on Khao San complaining about Israelis, have long winded debates about were is cheap to eat, admiring each others fisherman’s pants and swapping tales of great adventure out on Kho Phgn Ngn (if that’s how you spell it).

But lets take the girls out of the picture. What if these two twenty something young men entered that bar without their girlfriends? Would the guys behave in such a supercilious manner? Or would they become lewd, virile, young studs? I wonder …

I Think they would suddenly most terribly turn into those young studs :o

I bet those guys will go back to their country, break up with their girlfriends, then take the next flight back to thailand. Those girls shouldn't have gone to that bar with their boyfriends. What those guys saw out of the corner of their eyes will change them forever...

If it was in one of the "notorious" areas for girlie bars, then I'd say those two guys knew what they were doing and just wanted to safely scope out the place. Perhaps it was also done to improve the attitudes of their girlfriends.......

:o

Naturally while in the place the guys have to "disapprove". The real answer is probably provided by the extent their heads were on a swivel, looking around. I think if you find yourself in a place you really don't like, you tend to lean forward and look at your food and friends, finish quickly and leave.

:D

kenk3z

I take delight in seeing farang women (in the company of their boyfriends) tut-tutting and disapproving of young Thai girl/older man Farang man couples. They think their relationship is somehow much more "legitimate", as if she is dating her boyfriend without any conditions that need to be met.

This spurred a flashback to when myself and a longtime bkk resident friend spotted a backpacker dude in a downstairs pp establishment enjoying himself with 3-4 "waitresses". We thought we'd send him a drink from a distance, mostly to see him anguish pondering how to reciprocate (yes, we'd already had a few....) we figured he'd sneek back to Khao Sarn Rd in a New York minute...

Anyway, imagine our surprise when the guy immediately after sent us a couple of B-52's and Heineken's...he won that silly little game hands down...

Point being, don't look down on others based on their exterior and/or who you perceive them to be. Even a 1-day rookie in LOS brings valuable input.

Peace.

/// dfw

To me the whole scene rang of hypocrisy.

Why would the backpacker girls even want to enter such a place? I do sincerely hope they didn’t know where they were going. Why would they sit and drink in there only to feel uncomfortable? I’d feel uneasy attending a mothers day care meeting – I wouldn’t go there because I’ve no reason to nor would I exactly enjoy it. Why put yourself deliberately in a situation that you’re not at ease with. Sounds a bit masochistic to me.

But the two guys seemed more appalled than the women but they would have to in front of them wouldn’t they? Also these girls weren’t really the pick of the crop either. To me they looked ungainly and ill postured before the young Thai girls around them. So God only knows what was going through the guys’ heads. Maybe they did dump their white girlfriends immediately after and caught the quickest bus to Pattaya, where now they living in bliss and are planning to open a bar before the student loan runs out.

But I’ve had female friends from overseas visit me and I never pretend to be contemptuous about the sex scene. Unless they were devote Christians, which they weren’t being there in the first place, the guys must have had some sinful thoughts running through their bandanaed heads. Why pretend....just to impress their white girlfriends by being so PC?