Ready To Download: Windows Live Messenger 8.1

Guest Reimar

Guest Reimar

Windows Live Messenger 8.1

It has everything you already love about Messenger—your contact list, emoticons, and instant access to your friends via text, voice, and video—plus new ways to connect and share photos and documents effortlessly. As always, it's free to download Messenger and use most of its features.

Windows Live Messenger is the next-generation MSN Messenger. It has everything you already love about Messenger—your contact list, emoticons, and instant access to your friends via text, voice, and video—plus new ways to connect and share photos and documents effortlessly. As always, it's free to download Messenger and use most of its features.

Download

I v been using it for some time now. It works great, it was one of the few reasons I still have XP.  The yahoo messager is the same program with differant skin for people on the yahoo network, and linux has aMSN which uses the same network and kind of looks like 8.1 in fact I sign in the same account when I use that.  8.1 on windows is alittle easier to use then the linux version, but they do the same stuff, and I am able to knox one more thing off my XP list.  My mother has no problem getting around in 8.1 she set up the webcam and everything herself.  If your only calling friends and family there is no reason to pay a penny.  if you use this for video calls it really works well.  With low res. webcam your going to need your min 128 up side for smooth connection.  IM messages cross networks so I send and receive them with people over on yahoo.  I guess what I am saying is this is a good one for the windows users, I banked many calls over it.

If you like MSN Messenger you should take a look at A-Patch. It's a great utility to remove the ads and customize messenger to your liking. LOADS of options. Be prepared for a little 'Islam 101' by the author :o

I hate the fact that messenger still doesn't allow you to chat with people while invisible. It's a pointless restriction.

If you like MSN Messenger you should take a look at A-Patch. It's a great utility to remove the ads and customize messenger to your liking. LOADS of options. Be prepared for a little 'Islam 101' by the author :o

I hate the fact that messenger still doesn't allow you to chat with people while invisible. It's a pointless restriction.

A-Patch is indeed a must have!

As for talking while appearing offline in Messenger, it is very much possible! The other person must have a recent version of Messenger for it to work properly (8.0 minimum, as far as I know), but it definitely does work.

A-Patch is indeed a must have!

As for talking while appearing offline in Messenger, it is very much possible! The other person must have a recent version of Messenger for it to work properly (8.0 minimum, as far as I know), but it definitely does work.

Thanks for the correction. When I last checked they were finally allowing invisible login but still didn't allow invisible chatting. It's good to see they're finally seeing the value.