Best Place To Change Us$ Cash To Thai Baht

• 3 months later...
i just changed in SURER RICH, at Pratunam. the rate was 34.2 for 100$ bills. they always give a bit better than the banks.

what's their, or the others, phone numbers or website addresses to check before travelling there?

I used to go to the one behind/opposite the Central World wotsit on Ratcha..Rd....and from memory they did indeed have a slightly better XC rate but only take cash...no TCs etc .old notes ..funny money etc...

so from their blurb....up 2 you...

Established in 1965, SUPERRICH 1965 CO., LTD. is known for providing the best currency exchange rates in Thailand. With over 40 years of experience, we have built a strong reputation and serve our customers with trust and honesty :o

http://www.superrich1965.com/node/14

I highly reccomend SuperRich on Rachdamri behind Big C, based upon my 1 visit there, the rate I got there saved me several thousand baht over what banks rate was. Worth a try.

I used to go to the one behind/opposite the Central World wotsit on Ratcha..Rd....and from memory they did indeed have a slightly better XC rate but only take cash...no TCs etc .old notes ..funny money etc...

so from their blurb....up 2 you...

Established in 1965, SUPERRICH 1965 CO., LTD. is known for providing the best currency exchange rates in Thailand. With over 40 years of experience, we have built a strong reputation and serve our customers with trust and honesty :o

http://www.superrich1965.com/node/14

Some time back I exchanged dollars for baht at a Thai bank. I forget the rate they gave me. They examined my dollars VERY closely and rejected some of them. I wasn't real happy about that. I was telling a female Thai friend about it and she offered to exchange the rejected bills at a local money changer. I was amazed that she got a better rate for the rejected bills than I had gotten from the bank for the majority of it. It wasn't a lot but if I had exchanged it all, it would have saved me several thousand baht. If you are exchanging a fairly large amount of foreign currency it WILL pay you to look around.

Here are a few comparison of todays exchange rates to dollar

Super Rich 33,07

Siam Commercial Bank 32,76

Kasikorn 32,77

UOB 32,79

Basically there are only 2 well known official money changers in BKK

1. SUPER RICH with headoffice located behind BIG C Rajadamri and

2. Vasu Money Changer opposite Coffee World/Subway Sukhumvit 7/1 (tailor shop in front and money changer hidden behind wall in back of shop without any board displaying rates, therefore not sure how "official" this shop is with bib as no passport is requested, just number.

Anyway, made an interesting observation this week. I noticed yesterday that Super Rich is also providing a money exchange booth in Silom Road, right next to OISHI Japanese buffet restaurant. Rates displayed yesterday showed BUY 100USD at 22.90THB.

This seemed extremly low, so I decided not to change there and wait until today and went to Super Rich on Rajadamri. Rate displayed today was BUY 100USD at 33,07THB.

On way back passed again Super Rich booth and noticed that they still display THB22,90, a difference of 17 Satang....hmmmm, whats wrong here??? Still better rate then banks, but whats going with this booth over there??

Anyone knows? :o