Sheffield United

soihok

Thanks Mr Bo.

It was the first time I got to watch the Blades this year (on tv) and I really enjoyed the game ,,a bit bizzare the balloon thing.

Now why cant they play like that in the Championship? I have to say that the general quality of ball control displayed by Man City was far superior to Uniteds, but none the less the game has saved Robson from more boo,s at full time.

When I see the photos of him he looks to have aged 5 years since the begining of the season.

Cheers

Firstly this isn't a wind up, but a genuine question. Sheffield has 2 clubs, United and Wednesday. Neither has ever achieved any major titles in 130 years or so of trying. Both clubs seem to yo-yo between the Premier League, Championship and sometimes, in the really bad years, the first division. Attendances at both teams seem to vary between 20,000 and 35,000, depending on their fortunes of a particular season.

Rivalry between the fans of the two clubs, seems to an outsider, to be reasonably friendly.

So why not combine? Sell both grounds and build a super stadium. Combine the playing squads, sell off the poorer quality players, and buy a team capable of continually playing top league football. It seems a shame to me that a great city like Sheffield continues to support two underachieving clubs, when a combined team, capable of European competition, in front of 60,000 plus crowds,would be a great asset.

What do Blades & Owls fans think of this?

Firstly this isn't a wind up, but a genuine question. Sheffield has 2 clubs, United and Wednesday. Neither has ever achieved any major titles in 130 years or so of trying. Both clubs seem to yo-yo between the Premier League, Championship and sometimes, in the really bad years, the first division. Attendances at both teams seem to vary between 20,000 and 35,000, depending on their fortunes of a particular season.

Rivalry between the fans of the two clubs, seems to an outsider, to be reasonably friendly.

So why not combine? Sell both grounds and build a super stadium. Combine the playing squads, sell off the poorer quality players, and buy a team capable of continually playing top league football. It seems a shame to me that a great city like Sheffield continues to support two underachieving clubs, when a combined team, capable of European competition, in front of 60,000 plus crowds,would be a great asset.

What do Blades & Owls fans think of this?

I think that it would be as popular as an outbreak of Herpes in a brothel, although I understand what you mean.

There have been a number of similar suggestions regarding other teams, such as the two Bristol teams, and the very infamous case of Reading and Oxford United. In the end, fans would find it very difficult to break the srtong ties they have with there club, to then support a club amalgamated with their closest rivals.

The idea of combining the clubs has been brought up before and nothing has ever come of it.

The rivalry between fans is intense and , probably due to this, thats why there are two crap teams rather than one , hopefully not so crap, team.

Mr Toad has hit the nail on the head.

The idea of combining the clubs has been brought up before and nothing has ever come of it.

The rivalry between fans is intense and , probably due to this, thats why there are two crap teams rather than one , hopefully not so crap, team.

Mr Toad has hit the nail on the head.

Aren't there 3 clubs in the city -if you include Sheffield FC -the oldest club in the world? So in that case Wednesday and United are just a couple of upstarts :D Also having one club in one big city hasn't done Leeds much good recently, has it, but that's another story. :o

For cying out loud.

Only one thing could be worse than drawing to a second to the bottom Scunthorpe ,,who had ten men for 80 minutes.

And that is losing at home.........I was so knackered from working on Saturday that I did n,t get to listen to internet radio in the middle of the night to the game.

Game?Stick yer draws.

At least I did,nt pay anything for the humilliation.

Another good reason to turn your back on the UK

At this time, manager Robson is in talks with the Sheff Utd bosses over the dismal run of form recently.

This comes as no surprise although a point earned away at West Brom is not to be sniffed at,,in our position anyway.

Incidentaly,,Robson is backing his old team West Brom to get promotion ,back to the prem..........publically.

Thanks Bry!

That makes all of us Blades fans feel great ....you t**t.

In fact he has now been sacked .

"I did" sweet FA for the good of Sheff United.

Good ridence I say.

Next.

Really it could,nt get much worse.

But now its all too late I think. Its the fizzy again next year.

Cheers( a big one).

Good ridence I say.

Next.

Cheers( a big one).

'Relieved of his duties' An interesting phrase It sounds like Kevin McCabe is doing him a favour. :o However it seems the problem stems from the chairman, not only for appointing him but not being able to allow the football club to concentrate on the football. Instead he is still carrying on his disasterous legal PR campaign. I think he needs to relieve himself :D and hand over the reins to someone who can take the club forward. I've got a feeling Colin the prodigal son will come back when this happens. :D

Good ridence I say.

Next.

Cheers( a big one).

Oh no!

• 2 months later...

I,m back!

The Blades are now producing completely different results now under the leadership of Kevin Blackwell.

A far cry from Bryan Robsons sorry tale.

A few months ago Sheff U were hovering just above the relegation zone,,now they have a (small) chance of a play off spot back to the Premiership. How successful is that?

Come on you Blades

I,m back!

The Blades are now producing completely different results now under the leadership of Kevin Blackwell.

A far cry from Bryan Robsons sorry tale.

A few months ago Sheff U were hovering just above the relegation zone,,now they have a (small) chance of a play off spot back to the Premiership. How successful is that?

Come on you Blades

But for that awful start you could have been promoted by now. Think if Beattie had been fit all season you may have done better, but on paper Sheff Utd should have been one of the favourites to go up.

Kevin Blackwell will be in charge of the charging Blades next season.

Promotion is extremely slim but not impossible this year,,,have to say that club has a real turn around since Kevin took over from Robson.

Cheers

• 4 months later...
Congrats Soi hok :o

I still think Sheff U made a mistake giving the job to Robson. Sheff Wed are doing good things now & am glad the board stuck with Laws (ex Forest) :D

Does anyone know if there's any satellite broadcasting the Sheffield derby next week and if you can watch it anywhere in Chiang Mai.

I'm sick of the Premiership fixation here.

Congrats Soi hok :o

I still think Sheff U made a mistake giving the job to Robson. Sheff Wed are doing good things now & am glad the board stuck with Laws (ex Forest) :D

Does anyone know if there's any satellite broadcasting the Sheffield derby next week and if you can watch it anywhere in Chiang Mai.

I'm sick of the Premiership fixation here.

Supersport use to show championship games on a Friday (early hours Sat). If the games on a Saturday I think you'll be struggling tbh.