Disabled Badge

thaipete

I recently renewed an out of date Thai driving license, after taking the tests I was issued a five and a half year license and a disabled sticker for my car.

I have never seen a disabled parking bay in this country.

Does anyone know what this sticker entitles one to, in Uk it enables the driver to park, without causing problems to other motorists, for a period in places otherwise illegal.

Thai Pete

I recently renewed an out of date Thai driving license, after taking the tests I was issued a five and a half year license and a disabled sticker for my car.

I have never seen a disabled parking bay in this country.

Does anyone know what this sticker entitles one to, in Uk it enables the driver to park, without causing problems to other motorists, for a period in places otherwise illegal.

Thai Pete

it means drivers can drive in any direction on the motor way, park like they have abandoned there car, undertake and tailgate and pull out without looking. :o

I recently renewed an out of date Thai driving license, after taking the tests I was issued a

it means drivers can drive in any direction on the motor way, park like they have abandoned there car, undertake and tailgate and pull out without looking. :o

But thats what ALL thais are doing and they dont have sticker??

Maybe if you place it to wind screen it helps when cops stop you from speeding??

Havent ever saw that kind of sticker in LOS,,care to show how it's look like or is it similar to western world?

to be honest, I have never seen one as well. plus I have never seen a Disabled parking place, not even in Central carpark near the doors as far as I know.

I could imagine that the guards would still be blowing their whistles and telling you to move on anyway.

Carrefour certainly has disabled parking spaces, and does Tesco Lotus. In Bangkok they do anyway.

Would be interesting to know what other rights it gives you. Maybe you dont have to wear a seatbelt or something?

Future Park Rangsit also has reserved "disabled parking"  on the bottom floor.  You can tell the slots 'cause that's where the delivery trucks park when the regular parking is full, along with the occasional Benz and BMW.

Mac

post-43117-1191952037_thumb.jpg

I recently renewed an out of date Thai driving license, after taking the tests I was issued a

But thats what ALL thais are doing and they dont have sticker??

Maybe if you place it to wind screen it helps when cops stop you from speeding??

Havent ever saw that kind of sticker in LOS,,care to show how it's look like or is it similar to western world?