To Boater

Do you now know where your post was moved to?

Had the same question as you when opening this mail - before deleting it.

Let's put a new question: What kind of games are legal in Thailand?

I know Poker is illegal in LOS! UNFORTUATLY!!!

Gambling is illegal in Thailand-- a poker tournament is illegal, it doesn't matter if its for prizes or not.

And promoting illegal activities on the forum is against forum rules. Hence the deletion.

Gambling is illegal in Thailand-- a poker tournament is illegal, it doesn't matter if its for prizes or not.

And promoting illegal activities on the forum is against forum rules. Hence the deletion.

There was no intention of promtion, I just wanted to see if what they where doing was legal or illigal. I was under the impression it was illigal, but they must have sent the invitation to everyone on Koh Samui!, it is somting i would be interested to attend, but i do not want a nasty surprise of being arrested by the boys in brown.

Thanks

Ah, I see. but you have to admit the posting of their flyer/email certainly appeared promotional?

If it were me, I would not attend. Maybe they've "cleared" it with the BIB, maybe not. Better to not take the chance by participating in something that is known to be illegal, don't you think?

Thanks for letting us know why the thread got removed.

By the way - who wants to play Bridge and does not know where other players are should give me a pm.

:o hahaha. Thats a good one k.s.c!

And yeah. Thanks for the change of letting us know why thread got removed. Nice change in moderating. Keep it up.

Wasn't me that removed it... but anyway, I think bingo can be considered illegal too. Odd though that the bingo type games at temple festivals are ok then--maybe it depends on location??

I have no idea, I thought we were talking about a poker game on Koh Samui.

Perhaps a question in the general forum, making it clear that you aren't interested in gambling but curious as to what is legal or not. Discussion of illegal activities is against forum rules so perhaps make it clear you are only interested in exactly what is legal.

EDIT---let me check with admin first about this before posting--I will get back to you when I hear. ---sbk

I have no idea, I thought we were talking about a poker game on Koh Samui.

Perhaps a question in the general forum, making it clear that you aren't interested in gambling but curious as to what is legal or not. Discussion of illegal activities is against forum rules so perhaps make it clear you are only interested in exactly what is legal.

EDIT---let me check with admin first about this before posting--I will get back to you when I hear. ---sbk

Sorry S but just wondering what officially happens at the race track.

Edited by Lite Beer

No problem :o

got this from lopburi

Thai law divides gambling into two categories: the first includes 28 types, like baccarat, slot machines, private lotteries, and other traditional games. Organising and participating in these forms of gambling is expressly prohibited. The second category encompasses bullfights, cock or fish fights, horse racing and boxing; and permission can be granted for this category.
Just having cards or chips in home on a police raid will get you a trip to jail (and you plead guilty if you know the rules). About the only time I know of when this is not enforced is at Wats during funerals. At those times the police look the other way.

And I remember that quite a few years ago a funeral was raided, it had gone on for something like 10 days so that everyone could gamble.

So, now you know

No problem :o

got this from lopburi

Thai law divides gambling into two categories: the first includes 28 types, like baccarat, slot machines, private lotteries, and other traditional games. Organising and participating in these forms of gambling is expressly prohibited. The second category encompasses bullfights, cock or fish fights, horse racing and boxing; and permission can be granted for this category.
Just having cards or chips in home on a police raid will get you a trip to jail (and you plead guilty if you know the rules). About the only time I know of when this is not enforced is at Wats during funerals. At those times the police look the other way.

And I remember that quite a few years ago a funeral was raided, it had gone on for something like 10 days so that everyone could gamble.

So, now you know

Thank You.