Booking Bus Seats To Mae Sai

SwaziBird

My wife and I have to be at the border on Sunday 21st for our 90 day permits.

Don't want to miss the early , luxury, bus to Mae Sai.

Any ideas of how to secure a booking and any experience of using booking agents to secure the seats rather than queuing and taking a chance ?

How far ahead can they book ?

Any recommended agents ?

Thank you.

Cheers

Any ideas of how to secure a booking and any experience of using booking agents to secure the seats rather than queuing and taking a chance ?

Any recommended agents ?

Thank you.

Cheers

I have to go on Saturday and I bought them on the Wednesday before. There was no problem.. but the seats were almost filled. Hope this helps.

Any recommended agents ?

Thank you.

Cheers

I'd get them tomorrow if I were you.

I have to go up during in the beginning of next month, but I will buy my the beginning of next week. I always want the same seat as it gives me the most leg room out of all the seats on the bus, so to be sure to get that I buy at least two weeks early. I like to be able to sleep the entire trip, and with that extra leg room I can stretch out comfortably. Just be sure to bring a blanket. That bus can be very cold sometimes. I also bring ear plugs and an eye mask. This trip I'm going to bring free extra ear plugs for the people around me. At times I can snore like a freight train. :o

And any time a weekend or holiday are involved be prepared for the buses to fill up even earlier than you want to think. Early bird always gets da worm. Never tried purchasing a whole wk in advance, but I usually err on the side of 3-4 days at least. Day b4= you will likely be disappointed.

And any time a weekend or holiday are involved be prepared for the buses to fill up even earlier than you want to think. Early bird always gets da worm. Never tried purchasing a whole wk in advance, but I usually err on the side of 3-4 days at least. Day b4= you will likely be disappointed.

Thanks to EVERYONE for your advice. Truly appreciated and nice to know there's always a helping hand !

The reason I posted the query is that, from my past experience ( a while back), I was refused pre-booking at the bus station any ealier than 24 hours.

We only just managed to get seats on the day we required.

From your replies, it seems that those "bad old days" have gone. I will try this Monday for the following Sunday and keep you posted on the latest possibilities.

Once again, Thanks to all.

Cheers.

Any recommended agents ?

Thank you.

Cheers

I am happy to report back that buying my tickets ( Chiang Mai to Mae Sai ) at the Arcade Bus Station today (Monday) for the coming Sunday was a breeze !

In fact, the Information Counter told me that one can book up to 3 months in advance !!!!! ( Better confirm that for yourself .)

Thanks for all your suggestions and advice.

Cheers

Any recommended agents ?

Thank you.

Cheers

I am happy to report back that buying my tickets ( Chiang Mai to Mae Sai ) at the Arcade Bus Station today (Monday) for the coming Sunday was a breeze !

In fact, the Information Counter told me that one can book up to 3 months in advance !!!!! ( Better confirm that for yourself .)

Thanks for all your suggestions and advice.

Cheers

The Chiang Rai forum has a pinned thread on the conditions at Mae Sai in regard to border closures, flooding and the more important stuff like availability of pirate DVDs in Tachilek. :o