Do Independent Real Estate Brokers Exist In Bangkok?

Hello

I'm a new poster to this forum. After four months of living in Bangkok, I'm now fairly fixed on the kind of condo I want to buy. Through my job, I've been posted here for four years and so am looking for a place to live rather than an investment, although my perspective is long-term (I'd likely keep the property if I leave). I want a two beds/two baths around 110-140 sqm, that must be within walking distance of any of the five MTR stations between Silom and Sukhumvit, budget up to 10 million, and a cash-buyer.

My question is: are there independent brokers in Bangkok who will do all the legwork to find what I am looking for as I am too busy to spend much time searching for myself. I've registered with a few of the well-known firms, but they obviously only show me properties on their books, and I've already wasted a lot of time seeing unsuitable places. What I would like is someone who will make a clear assessment of my needs, will trawl the agencies' sites and the thai-language websites/newspapers to find what I am looking for, do a preliminary check and then advise what's worth visiting. Obviously, I would pay this person a finder's fee (not sure how much would be appropriate). Any advice on whether this kind of service exists and how to find an honest broker?

Andy

We now have a number of these types of guys in the main cities in Australia

but I would doubt if the Thai property market is sophisticated enough yet to warrant

this kind of service ? :o

It would need a constant demand from people like you so they have a bread an butter income

otherwise its easier to just get paid by the seller