Quick Schengen Visa Question !

Hi you guys long time no post!

My Thai wife is in the UK on a spouse visa and she is applying for a schengen visa at the Spanish consul in Manchester.

They want an English translation copy of our marriage cert.

I have one from an agency but they say it it must be stamped by the UK embassy,

i am back in Bangkok in 3 weeks ,but i can't remember if they provide this service or not!

Thanks in advance

GED :o

BTW we have decide we are going to "switch" my wifes visa to an EEA permit so any advice would be great .

Yes, the embassy does offer notarial services, although in this instance I think it should be the Thai MFA (the place where you will have had your affirmation of freedom to marry stamped) which notarises the document. It's just the Spaniards' way of putting a bureaucratic hurdle between your wife and a free Schengen visa. I bet if you told them that you were willing to pay the fee, they wouldn't ask for a notarised copy of your marriage certificate.

If you wish to change your wife's status to that of a family member of an EU national, you can apply to the BIA on form EEA2 for a residence card. However, you should note that they are currently taking about 6 months to process such applications.

Scouse.

Yes, the embassy does offer notarial services, although in this instance I think it should be the Thai MFA (the place where you will have had your affirmation of freedom to marry stamped) which notarises the document. It's just the Spaniards' way of putting a bureaucratic hurdle between your wife and a free Schengen visa. I bet if you told them that you were willing to pay the fee, they wouldn't ask for a notarised copy of your marriage certificate.

If you wish to change your wife's status to that of a family member of an EU national, you can apply to the BIA on form EEA2 for a residence card. However, you should note that they are currently taking about 6 months to process such applications.

Scouse.

Thanks again ,Scouse.

Its good to see you are still helping out the masses!!