And Another

funfun

GIVING his heart to a younger Thai bride left a 58-year-old Rhondda man penniless – and in the dock.

Terence Walsh and his 38-year-old wife Suna were due to move to her homeland next month and take up residence in the beach-side house Walsh had built from the proceeds of selling his bungalow.

Instead, he found himself broke and living in a dingy one-bedroom flat in Ystrad. He also ended up in the dock at Rhondda Magistrates’ Court, pleading guilty to assaulting his wife.

Rachel Knight, prosecuting, said the couple started arguing during a meal at their Beddau home in January.

Ms Knight said Walsh suddenly stood up and threw his tray of food on the floor.

When his wife went for a cloth to clean up the mess, he grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her.

Walsh said he wanted to end the relationship and went to get her passport.

But Ms Knight said: “He told his wife to stop crying, then put both hands round her neck. She fell to the floor and was very frightened and he once again ordered her to stop crying.”

Court heard that Walsh met his Thai bride in 2004 and they moved to Beddau.

Defending solicitor Pat Matthews said: “There is no fool like an old fool. Walsh thought he had found the woman of his dreams. Instead she has fleeced him and taken him for every penny. He has been an absolute fool.”

Ms Matthews said Walsh, who suffers from high blood pressure, cashed in a £60,000 pension and sold the bungalow he owned in Beddau. He used the money to purchase a four-acre plot of land in Thailand and build a property there.

Ms Matthews said the property was put in his wife’s name in accordance with Thai law.

“He has literally lost every penny he had,” said Ms Matthews. “He has gone from owning a bungalow to being homeless. He is now existing on state benefit in a council flat.

“He lost his temper on one occasion and he is very sorry for that.

“But now he has nothing. As soon as his wife got her visa to live in the UK permanently, the relationship broke down. He is a broken man.”

Walsh was ordered to complete 12 months supervision by probation.

Presiding magistrate Gail Evans said: “It is never appropriate to assault a person, but we are not awarding any costs or compensation because of your financial problems.”

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/south-...91466-19923288/

GIVING his heart to a younger Thai bride left a 58-year-old Rhondda man penniless – and in the dock.

Terence Walsh and his 38-year-old wife Suna were due to move to her homeland next month and take up residence in the beach-side house Walsh had built from the proceeds of selling his bungalow. Fool, all farangs are 3rd class citizens in Thailand even if married to Thai person.

Instead, he found himself broke and living in a dingy one-bedroom flat in Ystrad. He also ended up in the dock at Rhondda Magistrates' Court, pleading guilty to assaulting his wife.

Rachel Knight, prosecuting, said the couple started arguing during a meal at their Beddau home in January.

Ms Knight said Walsh suddenly stood up and threw his tray of food on the floor.

When his wife went for a cloth to clean up the mess, would a British wife do that for him? he grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her.

Walsh said he wanted to end the relationship and went to get her passport.

But Ms Knight said: "He told his wife to stop crying, then put both hands round her neck. She fell to the floor and was very frightened and he once again ordered her to stop crying."

Court heard that Walsh met his Thai bride in 2004 and they moved to Beddau.

Defending solicitor Pat Matthews said: "There is no fool like an old fool. Walsh thought he had found the woman of his dreams. Instead she has fleeced him and taken him for every penny. He has been an absolute fool."

Ms Matthews said Walsh, who suffers from high blood pressure, cashed in a £60,000 pension and sold the bungalow he owned in Beddau. He used the money to purchase a four-acre plot of land in Thailand and build a property there.

Ms Matthews said the property was put in his wife's name in accordance with Thai law.

"He has literally lost every penny he had," said Ms Matthews. "He has gone from owning a bungalow to being homeless. He is now existing on state benefit in a council flat.

"He lost his temper on one occasion and he is very sorry for that.

"But now he has nothing. As soon as his wife got her visa to live in the UK permanently, the relationship broke down. He is a broken man."

Walsh was ordered to complete 12 months supervision by probation.

Presiding magistrate Gail Evans said: "It is never appropriate to assault a person, [well said] but we are not awarding any costs or compensation because of your financial problems. [well if he is truly penniless it would be like trying to get blood out of a stone !!!] "

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/south-...91466-19923288/

"As soon as his wife got her visa to live in the UK permanently, the relationship broke down." I can see no logic to this she is 6,000+ miles from home, probably very few friends here and a poorly paid job, so why she want to stay with all that land back in Thailand, sounds more like he wanted a "scivy come punch bag".

Anyway... is this in the correct section, I mean I see no reference to Pattaya?

BB

Fool, all farangs are 3rd class citizens in Thailand even if married to Thai person.

Is this true?

Doesn't it depend on your bank balance?

What's a 2nd class citizen, and is there a 4th, or 5th class?

Fool, all farangs are 3rd class citizens in Thailand even if married to Thai person.

Is this true?

Second class citizen = Soi Dog, because they have more rights than a farang.

Is this true?

you are too pesimistic. i could imagine in case you are really rich you could reach 2nd class

Why put it in his wifes name?

Most of you,well all of you who have been ripped off by Thai ladies deserve it.

you have been warned time and time again.

Goodluck to them,if your that stupid then you desrve it.

Do you really not know why he has to put the Thai land and house in her name ?

Is this true?

you are too pesimistic. i could imagine in case you are really rich you could reach 2nd class

Well yes, but he!! that's a lot of palms to be greased. :o

Edited by Basil B

not all thai wives are the same ,mine only ever wants shoes :o ime not against bar girls many i have met have been fine ,but guys come here meet only bar girls never ordinary thai women ,fall in love after a week and then marry someone they hardly know ,what can you expect .

however this guy seems a bad un,she stayed with him 3 years ,if she had wanted to rip him off why not sooner?

anyway why didnt he have a lease on the property ,stupid is as stupid does.

not all thai wives are the same ,mine only ever wants shoes :o ime not against bar girls many i have met have been fine ,but guys come here meet only bar girls never ordinary thai women ,fall in love after a week and then marry someone they hardly know ,what can you expect .

however this guy seems a bad un,she stayed with him 3 years ,if she had wanted to rip him off why not sooner?

anyway why didnt he have a lease on the property ,stupid is as stupid does.

It all depends where you build the house. If it is in a farang ghetto area, then by all means try to protect yourself with a lease. Normally the house is out in the boonies often near the girl's family. A guy goes through all sorts of legal shenanigans, pays lawyers and sets himself up to pay taxes for a property that he will NEVER live in if the relationship fails. Even if he could live alone out in the boonies, the wife's family will make sure he is hassled and miserable. They fail to think about how these girls were raised. Most of them lived on a shack built on stilts and then the STUPID farang builds a four or five bedroom mansion that has enough room for her family to move in with them. I don't understand why a an would even consider building a huge mansion for a country girl. I asked my wife if she wanted a big house. Her answer was that it would just be more work for her and that our two bedroom house is plenty big. A friend of mine just built a new house. The cost of the house alone was 600,000 baht. He could walk away from that a lot easier than a five million baht mansion.

Should have bought a condo. :o Forget the thai family home.

Great idea. I have a nice condo in MY name in Jomtien. Unfortunately I don't like living in a tourist area and much prefer living in the boonies. I rent out the condo and live in my wife's house up country. If she had not had the western style house I would have eventually built one but certainly nothing extravagant or big. After all, there are just the two of us and that's the way it's going to stay. If it doesn't stay that way, I'll be needing my condo.

Not every Thai wife is bad, sure there seem to be plenty of them but look at the farangs that marry them.

I have plenty of friends that have lovely wifes and girlfriends, I myself am lucky to have one.

I have also bought a large 5 bedroom house for us to live in, my wife is pregnant and we are both very happy. my wifes sister lives with us but I hardly ever see her so no problems there.

we have been married 2 years and known each other for nearly 5 and I am 100% certain that we have a good chance to last the course.

My wife has a good job, her parents are good kind people and dont ask for money.

so for sure, farang can meet and marry great Thai girls, it does happen.

why cant we start a thread about good Thai farang relationships? I am sure I am not the only one that has a great wife over here.