Residency Visa To Sweden

I have been to sweden before. now im going to apply the residency visa but im still on my divorce sittuation, will be done in 2-3 months. can I apply the residency visa while im getting divorce? thank you.

I'm not going for married, just live with my boyfriend and have been offered a good job by a company there.

am

Thank you, yes I decided to finished my divorce first even it takes a few months, would be more smoother. I intend to live with my boyfriend but not gonna marry him soon, maybe after one year, we need to be sure first. and work for a company there. I dont have any letters from the company as im still not apply yet and Im intend to marry him later, not for working visa.

- do the embassy need the letter from the company even I will apply for live with my boyfriend?

- do I have to have work there caz im not going for marry?

thank you,

Im

Application for a Work and Residence Permit, Embassy of Sweden, Bangkok

Thai version can be found here.

In my opinion, you've got a good job offer. Why don't you take it? You'll have to wait for the divorce for a few months anyway. Wouldn't it be better to have a job over there AND you could as well be with your boyfriend? Just my view. :o

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I am Swedish and are moving back to Sweden in May-June next year with my wife and her daughter from an earlier marriage.

Well, first of all you can't except the job offer until you have the resident visa approved.

Because without it you wont get a work permit. but you can include the offer in your application as it may be in your favor.

If you are unlucky it can take up to 8 months to have you application processed.

And to go to Sweden on a tourist visa while you wait is not an option, as the resident visa application HAS to be made from your home country.

You didn't say how long your relationship has been with your boyfriend.

The Swedish immigration authorities examine the foundation of the relationship closely, never mind if you are married or not, marriage is not a requirement.

But the stability of the relationship is.

If your relationship is under a year it can be hard to get it approved.

You will be called to an interview at the embassy too, you and your boyfriend will be questioned seperately, so keep your facts strait.

If he is waiting for you in Sweden he will be interviewed over there.

And you at the embassy in Bangkok.

Thank you for all advise. I met my boyfriend since december last year, so wasn't that long for the embassy's consideration I guess. But anyhow, I will need to finished my divorce first, it may takes about 3 months up to 6 months, then I will apply for the residency visa right away. So its may take up to one year or more for all these process ( divorce and application ). we don't want to be apart so long but we just have no choice.

Thank you once again for advise.

M

• 3 weeks later...