Baby Due In 4 Months

I have been told by a friend that if i do not get married before the baby is born then the baby will not be allowed to have an english first name? this sounds way off to me but maybe someone can calrify..

And will the baby have my Surname?

We plan on marrying soon anyway so would it be easier to do before the baby is born?

I have been told by a friend that if i do not get married before the baby is born then the baby will not be allowed to have an english first name? this sounds way off to me but maybe someone can calrify..

And will the baby have my Surname?

We plan on marrying soon anyway so would it be easier to do before the baby is born?

My son has just received his Thai and British passports, and birth certs for both countries, with an English name, and we are not married yet.

Hope this helps,,,,,

I agree with Choppy Chugger I got my daughters birth cert in my name and with an English first name then six months later got married. I will pick up her British birth Cert and passport this Monday. You do not need to be married to the mother of the child as long as you are also not married to anyone and if you have been you must show that you are divorced.

If you are married to another woman your wife can still give the child a forien name and your family name.