Which Is The Closest Border Crossing To Surin?

Hi, I am in Thailand on a multi entry non-o.

As I live in Kanchanaburi I usually make a visa run to Mae Sot.

Next month I will be spending some time near Surin and as my 90 days will be close to being up then think a run to Cambodia is easier.

Can anyone tell me the nearest border crossing to Surin please?

Any scams to be aware of? Will they insist on an onward ticket even if I have a visa, how much, any tea money etc?

Thanks for reading, Andy.

Chong Chom, south of Kap Choeng.

Last time I went, it was B1,100 for the Cambodian visa, and a further B300 to grease the palms if you just want to turn around and re-enter the same day.

No real scams, just a heck of a lot of kids with their hands held out.

If you need any help at the crossing there are more than enough people there to guide you through for a small consideration (look for the guy in the light grey suit if he is there)

As you have a multiple entry visa, an onward ticket should not be required or asked for.

Remember to take some passport sized photos. ......... and lots and lots of small change (throw it into any open area, and the kids scatter)

Chong Chom, south of Kap Choeng.

Been there a month ago.

You can nego a bit.

The cambodian offical in the building on the left side of the road try to get THB 1,100.- , but just give them THB 1,000.- , they will accept.

You have to cross the street to get the entry and exit stamps , they will ask for THB 300.- , but just give them THB 200.- , the officer will check with his superior and normally let you go.

It's a easy crossing, some duty free in the village , about 1km from the border down the hill.