Baby On The Way!

bruceboy

Well my dear wife and I are currently holidaying in the UK and yes it's official; parenthood beckons again for bruce! It comes as bit of a shock at my grand old age but my wife and I are over the moon. :o When I get back to Thailand the drinks will be on me :D

Congrats man, great for you! And for me because im in a similar situation, my first coming in december.

My wife also want a farangname and i want a Thai name. In our case i think we will let the munk give the thainame and i myself give the (swedich) farangname. The farangname will then be the name we use in speakingterms (nickname in thailand and real name in Sweden).

I thought it over and my thoughts are that a kid with a farangname i Thailand gets nothing but respect, while a thainame in Sweden probably will gain some rasist scoolkids reason to give the kid a hard time if he /she go to school there eventually. I dont know, just a thought.

Anyway, congratulations to both of you (3 of you eventually) and all the best!

Congrats. Mine's 4 months old now. I chose the name Katrina as I loved it, but also thought 'Kat' would work as a Thai nickname. However, my wifes family chose their own, 'Kwam Kao'. Mum always referes to her as 'Look' (child). So presently, she's called Katrina by me, Look by mum, Kat or Kat woman by some Thia friends, and Kwam Kao by my wifes family!

If you can think of a name that phonetically sound Thai or English.

Such as Tasha. etc

Yeeehaaaa ... rock the boat. Congratulationssss :o

Yes, pick a name that phonetically goes both Thai and English. Or you can have both in the baby's id, like a middle name you know what I mean.

Thanks so much everyone! My wife wants a farang name for the baby and I want a Thai name. How can we settle this little problem?

Congrats dude.

We went with Thai first name, English middle name, and Thai last name for 6 month old Heng Jr.

Another baby possibly in the works by the end of this year when we reach the 1 year "rest" period and we'll close up shop after that.

:o

Thanks so much everyone! My wife wants a farang name for the baby and I want a Thai name. How can we settle this little problem?

We both wanted a Thai name that sounded a bit English. We ended up with 'Nattan' (ณัฐธัญ) which is close enough to be 'Nathan" on a UK passport.

Easy.

* Pick a name that can be both Thai sounding as well as English, and/or

* Add a middle name that's of a different origin as the first name, and/or

* Use a nick-name that's of a different origin as the first and/or middle name

We ended up with 'Nattan' (ณัฐธัญ)

LOL.. That's pretty excellent, fitting just about all of the "weird" Thai consonants into a single name. :o

Congratulations bruceboy. Look after her.

Heng, you're all heart aren't you. The year long rest period :o

Actually my wife wants to start sooner, so our kids will only be a grade apart, can use the same tutors, tennis instructors, etc. I agree to a certain extent but our physician recommends waiting 12-18 months.

:D

Well my dear wife and I are currently holidaying in the UK and yes it's official; parenthood beckons again for bruce! It comes as bit of a shock at my grand old age but my wife and I are over the moon. :o When I get back to Thailand the drinks will be on me :D

What grand old agr are you?

• 2 weeks later...

Had the longest think about what to name our little girl. Being a American by birth I used SAM- ( as in Uncle Sam)- AN-THAi

SAMANTHA.

for our baby girl we went -- english first name, wifes maiden last name, My last name. and it really sounds good.

tho of course most Thais say Samanta.

now the wife has picked the nickname which is my last name in thai.... and I can't say it right.... but I'm trying.

Lodesafun