Construction Supplies

kyb789

Back in the U.S, home improvement stores carry everything from roofing supplies to doors and concrete... But Home Pro doesn't even come close with D.I.Y. home improvement supplies.

Where can I find a selection of moldings and doors? I'm not looking for designer brands, but just affordable styles the brighten up the place.

Bangkok only please. Thanks.

Back in the U.S, home improvement stores carry everything from roofing supplies to doors and concrete... But Home Pro doesn't even come close with D.I.Y. home improvement supplies.

Where can I find a selection of moldings and doors? I'm not looking for designer brands, but just affordable styles the brighten up the place.

Bangkok only please. Thanks.

Hi, yu might try at Bang Po. plenty of small shops selling all the moldings you could dream of. If not there's another street called Maen See just off from the bridge going onto Rattanakosin Island at the (city end of Ratchadamnoern Avenue) iwth a smaller selection but just as good. Most molidngs here are done in teak which may be difficult to paint but look good lacquered or varnished.

Cheers AjarnP

ps PM me with your number if you need directions

I suggest you try the Home Pro store on Prachachuen Road. It's far bigger than the Home Pro store on Ploenchit Road, and for example, has a Wood Centre where you can get lumber supplies (raw or stained) and can have custom wood furniture made. I believe they will have doors and moldings supplies available. If you are not driving, take skytrain or MRT to Mo Chit station and take a taxi from there.

Have to agree with AjarnP.

Ban Po is definitely the place you need to go to look for anything like that. Can't remember the number of the soi, but it's one street north of the main intersection. About 500 meters long on both sides of the street.

Parking isn't easy during the week though, and bring your own truck because they will really take advantage of you for delivery. One shop wanted 600 baht to send a door frame to Rangsit. Thanks, but no thanks. I got a pickup from Rangsit to go get it for 200.

• 2 years later...