Boutique Hotel/guesthouse In Hua Hin?

MiG16

wondering if anyone can recommend a nice guesthouse in Huahin? by nice I mean pleasant and cosy looking?

Im not looking for something like the Centara Sofitel, or the Hilton ie. not one of those tall building complexes, but somewhere relaxing and near the beach, yet close enough to the town centre?

I like the place called Let's Sea, but its a fair way out, and is closer to Khao Takieb, and without a car I feel its not so convenient.

any suggestion?

price range not more than 3000baht a night would be good.

thankyou thankyou all

NR -- will you be around? perhaps we can catch up :o

doh me!! spelt boutique wrong. could a MOD pls pls pls correct it?

thankyou :D

Edited by PeaceBlondie

doh me!! spelt boutique wrong. could a MOD pls pls pls correct it?

Luks KO too mee :o

Only joking, I think we all know you were just typing too quick.

We stayed in a small hotel, about 10 minutes walk from the Sea, approx 1700b to 2kb, but I will have to ask the wife the name, not quite boutique, but fairly nice.

I will try and remember to ask the Wife tomorrow.

Good Luck

Moss

thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Tax -- is that place in between Huahin and Cha-am? for that Id need to have a car wouldnt I....sighhhhh

MOSS -- waiting for your suggestion. is it tomorrow yet?? :D

Ive stayed at City beach some years ago...very good value for money, especially considering its location of being 2 minutes walk from the beach, yet right in the middle of town....... my friend is fussy though :o and doesnt want one of them building type

what a dilemma. maybe i should book him a place in a hut under a palm tree , better yet.... put up a tent under one :D

mig16 , its in hh about 2km south of the airport and 3km north of the centre of town.

about a 5 min. walk along a pleasant lane from the hotel to the main rd. where local songthaews go into town for 10b or 15b , they run back and forth every 15min or so until 7pm i think ....... a taxi back from town at night would cost about 150b.

ahhh I know whitesand now.

its similar to places like Springfield and such along the Cha-am to HuaHin highway......

thankyou thankyou.

any other suggestions.....pls keep them coming.

yes I like choices, and then I will sit and complain about not able to make up my mind as there are way too many to choose from :o

There's a nice boutique hotel, right on the beach just north of Moobahn Napaphan, at Kao Takiab, but you think that's too far out. The songtaews are like ten baht (?) if you wait for the regular one, but it's 150 baht for a taxi/songtaew at night.

Anyway, I fixed the title for you.

ahhh I know whitesand now.

its similar to places like Springfield and such along the Cha-am to HuaHin highway......

whitesand is nothing like those big hotels on that road. springfield must be about 25 stories high.

its a very small hotel right on the beach , 2 stories , no more than a dozen rooms.

PB, thankyou, and yes please mention the boutique hotel even if they are a bit towards KhaoTakiab area. maybe will have to go with that option, and only head in to town in the late night for drinks ......

tax, Ill take another look. this is not the same as another place in town called white sand (near central) I hope...cos that one is not impressive at all.

thanks again :o

Since I cannot recall the name, does anybody know? It's right at Khao Takiab, about 2000 baht per night I think, no more than three stories high, ultramodern. A restaurant on the premises, and a one minute walk from the front gate to the songtaew terminal. And an infinity pool.

Sounds like "The Rock"

Also in Khao Takiab is Kaban Tamor, a nice boutique hotel

it does seem to be the Rock (which looks similar to Lets sea) but they both are close to 4000baht or more......

anyone know this place...baan thalay chine?

any comments on its location or anything else? it looks quite nice, but it seems to be a new place? but then again Ive not been back to huahin in quite sometime.....

Euro Guest house...www.euroguesthousehuahin.com I've stayed there many times over the years. It's great! Good clean big rooms with good cable. Use of pool at condo across the way. Walkable to the beach...town for the night market. Center of everything. I've had friends from overseas who love it...and even my parents who stayed at Central in Samui loved it. Owned by a Swedish/Thai couple with a great bakery restaurant on the first floor. You wake up every morning with the smell of fresh cinnamon rolls baking! About 1200 baht per night. Have big family room as well. Book early as it sells out quickly.

Subhamitra Hotel right in the centre across Phetchkasem Road from Wat Hua Hin soi 74.

Air con rooms in the annex w/hardwood floors 750 baht (annex is 30 yards from main building, everything is within hotel's own walled property).

Main building rooms were being totally renovated/upgraded over the summer.

Clean as a whistle, huge swimming pool, laundry across the road, walking distance to nightlife, restos, night market, news stand, beach and 5 mins to the mall by mototaxi.

They rent motorbikes for 180/day.

Thai owned/operated.

Baan Talay shine is very nice. Book preferably for a pool villa (has also a kitchenette). Tariff however is affordable only in low season. High season is rip off. Located near the Kings residence, very nice and quiet, short ride or good walk from centre.

thanks for that flyer. and everyone else for all the other suggestions

will come handy at some other occasions again Im sure :D

the baan talay chine one is 4000 for the pool villa, 2000 for the small basic studio. (but they always say studio is full :o )