In Real Danger?

intumult

I got a phone call asking if the friend of a friend is in real danger and if he should move out of Pattaya. Seems this Farang has been in Pattaya a short time, hitting the bottle a lot and has now been shooting his mouth off at the local Thais when he is drunk and generally being abusive.

As I am told, some locals have been hammering on his door, though he is unable to understand what was said, the intimidation was obvious (and understandable considering his foolishness).

I understand - as would many - that he has been an idiot and I am wondering if he is in real danger and if he should move out of town or not (On the phone I said it would be a good idea if he did move). Or is it likely to blow over with no real harm done if he keeps his head down?

It would be nice to get advice from those with more experience than I in these matters and from Pattaya itself.

I think he is at risk of a severe beating to be honest.

Why on earth people want to abuse Thai,s ( especially the males ) is beyond me.

I doubt it will blow over. One day a couple of the Thai guys wuill be a little bit drunk and when they seem him again will probably decide to teach him a lesson.

I would move rooms personally. IMHO

I got a phone call asking if the friend of a friend is in real danger and if he should move out of Pattaya. Seems this Farang has been in Pattaya a short time, hitting the bottle a lot and has now been shooting his mouth off at the local Thais when he is drunk and generally being abusive.

As I am told, some locals have been hammering on his door, though he is unable to understand what was said, the intimidation was obvious (and understandable considering his foolishness).

I understand - as would many - that he has been an idiot and I am wondering if he is in real danger and if he should move out of town or not (On the phone I said it would be a good idea if he did move). Or is it likely to blow over with no real harm done if he keeps his head down?

It would be nice to get advice from those with more experience than I in these matters and from Pattaya itself.

Find this a bit strange, is there more to this story.

Thai males won't come knocking on your door.

They will just do a cowardly attack on you, out side in the street with a group of friends with a empty beer chang bottles or a bits of 4x2.

Don't move yet, get his girlfriend to find out what’s going on.

She might be able to sort it out.

Things can be sorted out with the Thais.

Edited by plasticpig

i find it amusing how people who don't speak each other's language can somehow insult each other and be understood.

unfortunately pattaya is a small town and i used to always see people i knew or had some interaction with,usually females,and this was from living just 3 months there.

Anyone remember that neil that used to be in pattaya ? blond hair covered in tattos and a body builder, was about as rude as you can get to the thais including telling all the flower /bubble gum vendors to F off !..he had a few warnings then after a few months his mother has been on tv pleading to find him,he has totally disapeared !./ there is a lot of speculation as to what happened but as yet no proof, he is no loss to a lot, but i feel for his mother,.

if he has offended a particular thai or group of thais he should (when sober) go and make a humble appology for his drunken antics, it seems the thais he insuled would probably be willing to listen if they went and knocked his door.

Then make sure he respects the residents of the country he is living in the future, they may respect even respect him.

Edited by gharknes

It's been quite a few years ago but the big bully farang pulled this same sort of thing. He was found on beach road Jomtien with a .22 caliber bullet hole in his temple. Needless to say he never bothered anyone again and as far as I know the killer was never caught.

Find this a bit strange, is there more to this story.

Thai males won't come knocking on your door.

They will just do a cowardly attack on you, out side in the street with a group of friends with a empty beer chang bottles or a bits of 4x2.

Don't move yet, get his girlfriend to find out what’s going on.

She might be able to sort it out.

Things can be sorted out with the Thais.

Thai males WILL bang on the door. How can you say they won,t?

Get a woman to find out whats going on? Thought it would be obvious..............he,s drunk and abusive. He has a Thai GF? Where does it say that?

name='stevemiddie' date='2007-10-17 00:28:51' post='1599549']

Get a woman to find out whats going on? Thought it would be obvious..............he,s drunk and abusive. He has a Thai GF? Where does it say that?

Spoken like the true two week tourist.

name='stevemiddie' date='2007-10-17 00:28:51' post='1599549']

Spoken like the true two week tourist.

:o

Some, erm, interesting replies.

Personally, I cannot see the point in verbally abusing the locals, especially when getting drunk a lot.

Had another call last night and from what I understand, it is not the first time and place this has happened. I have visions of him coming home bloodied and beaten one night. Maybe that is what it will take to teach someone like this a lesson.

I have passed on the comments made here and have decided it might be for the best to leave it there. I do not want to get too deeply involved in a situation where, as I said above, it seems it is not the first time. Maybe some people never learn.

They do know where he lives and yes, they have been hammering on his door but he refused to answer. I get the feeling he is abusive when drunk and maybe more 'timid' when sober and confronted.

Sounds like he is an accident waiting to happen.

Sorry you misunderstood me

Thais won't come knocking over something like you describe.

They will just do you out side. But they have not done this yet

Why !!!!

Now i feel this guy has not told, the entire story.

Thais will come knocking, if it's over money

Does he owe money to say a BG.or for drugs? (No police)

Now that would fit what you describe.

Also how does he know it's a big issue if he can't understand what's being said

through the door. ?

That's why I suggested getting someone to ask!!!!!!!

Things can be sorted out here, it doesn't always end in a beatings or death.

But saying that if you or his mate doesn't want anything to do with it.

Tell him to move.

But move away from pattaya not just change apartment.

Ps

Please remember alcoholism is an illness.

It wrecks families and lives.

Try not to abandon friends or family when they are sick.

Try and help.

If you can't well ok.

Edited by plasticpig

Tell him to pack his pathetic belongings and jump on the next bus to say Cambodia there would be a good place for him, especially if he like to insult people :o:D:D Yup he will last about 1 day there. Your friend is ain a lot of danger, as for keeping his head down how would he do that as they're outside his door??? :D

Politely tell him he's on a hit list and hopefully he will move OUT of Thailand, not to Chiangmai or else he'll be in real danger up here also. Having an alcohol problem is one thing, those people I would extend my helping hand too, but people that are abusive and loud when they get drunk either need to get beaten up or need to leave the bottle alone...

Politely tell him he's on a hit list and hopefully he will move OUT of Thailand, not to Chiangmai or else he'll be in real danger up here also. Having an alcohol problem is one thing, those people I would extend my helping hand too, but people that are abusive and loud when they get drunk either need to get beaten up or need to leave the bottle alone...

It's part of the same thing.

It's part of the same thing.

Years ago i worked with a likeable welshman, when he was sober he was fine, give him a few drinks ,INSTANT @SSHOLE !,he used to walk/stumble about shouting "i hate the english ",./not the cleverest of things to do in Torquay on a friday night !,he was beaten up regularly and in the morning wondered why ! ,. you just cant tell some peope,.

Alcohol may encourage aggression or violence by disrupting normal brain function. According to the disinhibition hypothesis, for example, alcohol weakens brain mechanisms that normally restrain impulsive behaviors, including inappropriate aggression.

My wife says that the best time to ask me for that new expensive gift is when I am under the influence :o