Recommended Orthodontic Braces Places?

tuffy

Can anyone recommend a good dentist for braces in Pattaya?

Also what to look for and look out for when choosing one.

My wife is ready to get them but not sure where to go.

Also what price to expect for the full treatment?

Her teeth are not very crooked so it shouldn't take too long. Any idea on the time frame?

I had then when i was a kid but my teeth were pretty bad so I had them for several years but definitely worth it now.

Pattaya International Hospital Soi 4 near Big C. See Dr. Aree or Dr. Sornham. Both VERY good and Dr. Aree in particular is often spoken about on Pattaya boards. I would stick to a hospital over a clinic. That's just me.

Invisilign Braces would probably be the best way to go if you can find a place in Pattaya that does them as they are the newest technology. Bumrungrad Hospital Dentistry Dept now does them in Bangkok. My own Dentist is currently using invisilign brace system to straighten his teeth and they are so far superior to the old wire braces that they are not even comparable. I cannot even tell that he has them on even when looking directly at him. Google 'Invisilign Braces' and you will see what I mean when I say this new system is really fantastic.

Some of the advantages over conventional braces are ( taken from a website):

Invisible, so no one can tell you are straightening your teeth. So now you can smile more DURING treatment as well as after.

Removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment, plus brushing and flossing are no problem.

Comfortable, because it has no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires means you spend less time in your doctor's office getting adjustments.

Oral hygiene is improved

Invisalign allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when you treatment is complete.

May reduce the risk of cavities and gum disease when compared to wire braces that trap food and plaque.

Visit dentist only 1x every 6 weeks

Is usually faster than conventional braces

No metal braces

In most cases the aligners are doing multiple tooth movements simultaneously. Commonly, in conventional bracketing, some movements get ignored until another movement is completed by the current mechanics

Work usually completed in 15 months conventional braces takes on the average of 2 years

Invisilign Braces would probably be the best way to go if you can find a place in Pattaya that does them as they are the newest technology. Bumrungrad Hospital Dentistry Dept now does them in Bangkok. My own Dentist is currently using invisilign brace system to straighten his teeth and they are so far superior to the old wire braces that they are not even comparable. I cannot even tell that he has them on even when looking directly at him. Google 'Invisilign Braces' and you will see what I mean when I say this new system is really fantastic.

Invisible, so no one can tell you are straightening your teeth. So now you can smile more DURING treatment as well as after.

Removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment, plus brushing and flossing are no problem.

Comfortable, because it has no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires means you spend less time in your doctor's office getting adjustments.

Oral hygiene is improved

Invisalign allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when you treatment is complete.

May reduce the risk of cavities and gum disease when compared to wire braces that trap food and plaque.

No metal braces

In most cases the aligners are doing multiple tooth movements simultaneously. Commonly, in conventional bracketing, some movements get ignored until another movement is completed by the current mechanics

Work usually completed in 15 months conventional braces takes on the average of 2 years

I will have to look into that, even going to BKK every 6 weeks could be tolerated. I imagine the cost is alot higher than the black & decker look though.

Thanks for the suggestions

• 5 weeks later...

Oral hygiene is improved

No metal braces

I will have to look into that, even going to BKK every 6 weeks could be tolerated. I imagine the cost is alot higher than the black & decker look though.

Thanks for the suggestions

If anybody gets quoted for Invisalign braces it would be interesting to see what the quote comes to as I asked about at the dental hospital in BKK 2 years ago and was quoted $12000 US, at that price I'll stick with the crooked smile.

Just for the record - Invisalign ARE expensive.

The technology nowadays has come on in leaps and bounds.... I used to wear "Headgear" for those who know what that is and that is now considered obsolete! :o

May I suggest you ask an Orthodontist about "Speed Damon" Braces. I have them and have seen a lot of movement very quickly.

I don't know any Dentists to recommend in Pattaya (both times I had just cleaning done there, I was not very impressed - felt like a production line! ALtho, that was a long time ago).

One thing though, I wouldn't go on just price alone. Go and see a few Orthodontists and see what they recommend and what treatment course they plan. I am very happy with Dr Thiti at Thanktakit, BANGKOK. He also has braces (Invisalign), and takes his time going through the different options depending on your teeth, your budget and your requirements i.e. how quickly you want things to happen. I have a chack up every month and he is great.

Also, his clinic is ALWAYS packed! Everyone I have spoken to is fully satisfied.

http://www.thantakit.com/speed-braces.html

Good luck to your wife!

Her teeth are not very crooked so it shouldn't take too long. Any idea on the time frame?

I had then when i was a kid but my teeth were pretty bad so I had them for several years but definitely worth it now.

Did you find somewhere Tuffy?

Did you find somewhere Tuffy?

The wife has found a place in Rayong where she is planning on going but haven't made an appointment yet to see about costs. I don't know much about this guy other than a friend of hers used him for her braces and was happy with the service. After she goes for the initial appointment i will update with more details.