Is It So Difficult To Adapt In Thailand?

itsme

I have been to Thailand quite few times and never for less than 2 months at the time and since the first time I found it so easy to adapt myself there and I will retire there one day, (I actually live and work in UK).

I log on this forum nearly everyday as most of the treads are interesting and funny but I don't understand why so many farangs conplain about the lifestyle in Thailand and the bg in particular.

I normally travel alone and I've been going out with some bg and enjoied every bit of it, the locals know where the fun is and my very little thai speaking gets a great response from the locals

Is it so difficult for farangs to accept and adapt to a different culture and respect thai people same as they respect their own country people?

Some thirty/forty years ago my mother ilaw in Samut Sakorn used to just pick up homeless/abandoned children up off the street.

She raised three boys sent them all to Siam universtity and has recently taken in a young girl who was abandoned. The girl is now in school studying computer science. From what I understand there wasn't much if any paper work involved.

I would check with your local Amphur or something like that office. The same place you get your marriage certificates and such.

I love LOS, the only thing I find hard is coping with the heat, I thought I would get used to it But I have not, at the moment I can deal with the weather we have had over the last week, and can probably cope with 3 months of it without feeling uncomfortable. I know I am overweight and that does not help I am sure. BK is a very muggy city, I am hoping for better luck and a little bit more comfort by moving up to Chaing Mai as its a little cooler there and I know that I can live without sweating all day for at least 4 months of the year.

Otherwise having lived here two years I think I have adapted quite well, but I (unfortunatley) do not posess the power to turn up the air- con knob once I get out of my condo.

I have been to Thailand quite few times and never for less than 2 months at the time and since the first time I found it so easy to adapt myself there and I will retire there one day, (I actually live and work in UK).

I log on this forum nearly everyday as most of the treads are interesting and funny but I don't understand why so many farangs conplain about the lifestyle in Thailand and the bg in particular.

I normally travel alone and I've been going out with some bg and enjoied every bit of it, the locals know where the fun is and my very little thai speaking gets a great response from the locals

Is it so difficult for farangs to accept and adapt to a different culture and respect thai people same as they respect their own country people?

Who said its not easy to adapt? What you see as complaints are merley observations made by long term expat residents.

Not so difficult specially the adapting part. Just go with the flow so to speak.

Accepting depend upon yourself. Work in the middle-east myself and after 12 yrs have adapted to the culture so to speak but can't say I accept everything and probably never will. Usually get pissed off with the arabs after a while.

Thailand much more easy and feels like paradise every six weeks for 3 weeks.