Anyone Have A Travel Agent Referral...

StrongView

Hi:

I've posted this in the travel section...but it's not getting much of a view...so perhaps here someone will be able to help me.

Here's the basic situation. I need a travel agent who can arrange tickets on United Airlines...but this is the special requirement I have....

My company requires me to fly on FULL FARE ECONOMY tickets on a US Carrier ONLY. So I have a choice of United or Northwest. I want to fly BUSINESS CLASS though. The only proof my company asks for (after I get back, for reimbursement) is the ticket and the receipt of payment.

I'd like to be issued Business Class tickets on United, and in addition receive two fake FULL FARE ECONOMY tickets (that I would only be using for my reimbursement) and a receipt showing only the FULL FARE ECONOMY purchase. Then I'll just pay the difference of the two fares on the side.

I'm looking for someone whom has either done this before, or knows of someone who may have done this. I need a travel agent who is reliable and will be responsive to my requests...and who knows about this deal.

Anyone have a referral for me? Please PM me if you have anyone in mind.

Thanks a lot!!!

I'm familiar with your dilemma - earlier on in the contract my company would pay for my economy air ticket, at the published rate, and I got 4 tickets home a year.

However, for my own reasons, I did not wish to use the 4 trips (more content to take my holidays locally, or around the SE Asian neighbourhood anyways).

In the end we came to a compromise, where I would get 2 independent quotes for the economy airfare, send them to my head office around the time I was due to travel - and receive the amount of the lowest quote in cash. I would then be free to use the money to buy a business class ticket once or twice a year. The quotes had to come from recognized/legitimate travel agencies.

Now, my contract has changed - I get a yearly allowance equivalent to the total amount of 4 annual economy airfares plus some token hotel stopovers - and this is credited to me monthly over the year.

I suggest you discuss with your company's corporate decision maker and try to reach some arrangement - I see it unlikely that someone will issue fake tickets (international air carriage certificates are a legally binding document), as they could be held liable if later on an auditor back in your office gets their knickers in a knot.

Good luck.