Keg Cooler

NanLaew

I built one of these years ago in the US and may do it again here. However, does anyone know if Heineken, Tiger or any of the beer sellers provide these for rental for parties and events? Bar owners have any ideas?

Actually I looked into that some time back. I was a little disappointed that they no longer cool the keg. They use a refrigerated box with coils inside that the beer flows through. The keg stays at room temperature. My uncle back in the states had an old refrigerator to keep the keg in and a tap on the door of the refrigerator. If you have a regular watering hole I'd bet the beer vendor could be talked into selling you a setup and furnishing the kegs.

I built one of these years ago in the US and may do it again here. However, does anyone know if Heineken, Tiger or any of the beer sellers provide these for rental for parties and events? Bar owners have any ideas?

Actually I looked into that some time back. I was a little disappointed that they no longer cool the keg. They use a refrigerated box with coils inside that the beer flows through. The keg stays at room temperature. My uncle back in the states had an old refrigerator to keep the keg in and a tap on the door of the refrigerator. If you have a regular watering hole I'd bet the beer vendor could be talked into selling you a setup and furnishing the kegs.

But cooling the beer through the coils must be more energy efficient no? The old home-made style meant that if you slapped in a new, room-temperature keg, you would have to wait ages for the whole keg to cool before you could pull a cold pint.

The one I built was a 2-keg design with an enameled St. Pauli Girl sign on the front door with a spigot sticking out of each of her... spigot holders.

Anyway, seems from your comments that renting a cooler and kegs may be an option in Pattaya so now I will start drinking more outside so I can develop a 'local' and ask the bar owner to assist!

Thanks,