Thai Cooking Programs For Thai's

listenup

My Thai girlfriend is interested in learning how to cook professionally and is interested in learning on an extended program, rather than a 10 day course aimed at tourists.

Does anyone know where we could start looking? Do collages/uni's offer such programs? We are based in Bangkok.

Thanks.

My Thai girlfriend is interested in learning how to cook professionally and is interested in learning on an extended program, rather than a 10 day course aimed at tourists.

Does anyone know where we could start looking? Do collages/uni's offer such programs? We are based in Bangkok.

Thanks.

As she is Thai. I would think that t would be easier for her to find out using the internet. My wife never took a course but is a fantastic cook as is her mum.

Cordon Bleu @ Dusit Thani. http://www.dusit.com/news/060623.shtml

The Dusit program is about the best you will find but you should look closely at the small print. There are two different price scales for their programs, one for Thai's and one for Farangs so no surprise there. But regardless of your origin the student is committed to spend xx number of days working for free at Dusit hotels anywhere in Thailand and whilst I cannot recall exactly the value of xx it is not a small number. In addition be aware of the add on charges and these abound. There are fees due and payable for all manner of every day activities, in addition to the per semester charges. Quite possibly it's a good course but I get the idea that students who graduate will spend a lot more getting educated than they might have expected at the outset and that they will almost certainly end up working for the Dusit Group.