Mp3

Jockstar

^^ I think your looking at MSRP (list) prices.

My 256MB SanDisk USB Flash Drive cost me $36. (128MB selling for $20)

The MP3 Companion (which I don't own) is widely offered at $49, so total would be about $85 for 256MB or $69 for 128MB. Expect MP3 Companion price to drop soon. (Already have coupon from SanDisk for $10 off any of their products.)

As I stated, "if you own any USB Flash Drives" something to consider. (Offers alternative storage, if/when Flash Drive not used for music.)

Also understand Sony will shortly release competative unit to iPod, but with much, much larger storage capacity and lower price.

Cheers

Hey, I was just reading and quoting the prices from the article you linked to in your original post. I get the feeling your implying the MP3 companion will work with any thumb drive? Sounds like your in the States? Prices for these type of units in Thailand can be unpredictable, if available at all.

I bought a Xenn mp3 player for a friend for 4300 baht in panthip a month ago.( can probably find for 4k now.)

the thing I liked about it was the sd/mmc card slot for expansion as time goes by.

the 128meg onboard model allowed for up to 512meg and the 256meg onboard model allowed for up to 1gig.

it has an FM radio and voice recorder and connects via usb as a mounted drive so can also be used for data carrying.

its a nice well built small device and takes one AAA battery