Want To Open Thai Bank Account With Internet Banking Facility

I would like to open a Thai bank account with ATM card and internet banking facility.

I currently have a Bangkok Bank Be1st account which has an ATM card but no internet banking.

I have a Non-B visa but NO work permit.

Does anyone have such an account? Id be grateful if you could post the name of the bank and account type here.

Thanks

When I did this (2 years ago) at the main Bangkok Bank office on Silom Road, anyone could open a savings account with an ATM card, but a 1 year visa was required for internet banking, and a work permit for a checking (current) account. The rules may have changed, and may be different at other banks (or even other branches).

At Kasikorn you can check your balance and make both one-time payments and/or schedule regular payments to individuals or companies (electric bill etc).

You go online and need a valid mobile phone no. for their security password system which sends a code via SMS that you must use within 6 minutes of receiving it.

My Thai mobile number does not work in Canada but they were most helpful in person over the phone and I was able to arrange scheduled payments to a supplier.

I have a savings account that took 15 minutes to open w/passport, work permit wasn't necessary.

Edited by johnnyk

bank of siam,

atm card / debit mastercard

very good internet banking,username/password issued immediately when you open account if you ask for it .

can open with pretty much any visa i think .. i opened mine on a "O" visa, have freinds who opened same on just a tourist visa.

bank of siam,

You mean Siam Commercial Bank ? Or Siam City Bank ?

And you opened your account in a BKK branch ?

Siam Commercial Bank , some of the smaller branchs will ask for work permits . but if you go to a big one then they know the score and just open it for you .. there internet banking is excellent

Kasikornbank. I got an account with copy of my passport only. Downloaded the form, fill it inn and went to their office. I did bring my house renting contract, girlfrend and a smile :D , and have it all included internettbanking, ATM card etc...

Next week I go for my Thai driving licence :o !

You go online and need a valid mobile phone no. for their security password system which sends a code via SMS that you must use within 6 minutes of receiving it.

My Thai mobile number does not work in Canada but they were most helpful in person over the phone and I was able to arrange scheduled payments to a supplier.

The SMS password system was removed if one requested it some time ago. I too have a Thai Happy number that doesn't allow international roaming without a lot of trouble, so I opted for Kasokorns PIN2 option where everything is done on the web site.

I would like to open a Thai bank account with ATM card and internet banking facility.

I currently have a Bangkok Bank Be1st account which has an ATM card but no internet banking.

I have a Non-B visa but NO work permit.

Does anyone have such an account? Id be grateful if you could post the name of the bank and account type here.

Thanks

I have accounts with HSBC and Kasikorn that both have internet banking andATM card. I find Kasikorn more convenient and user friendly. Easy to open an account with long stay visa.

Edited by asiaexpat

Lots of Kasikorn fans here.

Always had really good service and attitude from K-Bank and I especially like their colours!

Digitalbanana, thanks for the PIN2 info, I'm gonna switch to it as the moblile phone thing is a pain when not in LoS.