Warning This Hotel In Phuket Simply A Trap For Tourist!

malaica

Travellers cheques are more or less the same as cash. I know of tourists who have not noticed a travellers cheque that's been pulled out from the others and used.

Really? Interesting comment. Then if they had not noticed them to be missing (and therefore had not reported them stolen), how did they ultimately find out about them, pray tell?

Would you maybe think Blackfruitbat was saying people have not noticed till later , too late to do anything . (Snip)

No. But never mind, I think that you may be in the market for a bridge or an opera house...

When we had money stolen from our room safes at the Sea Sun Sand, there was another Aussie tourist there who told me that on a previous trip to Thailand (and I don't know where he stayed), that he and another tourist had several traveller's cheques removed from their pile and did not notice until they had moved on and then it was too late. He advised me that taking travellers cheques was just as risky as taking cash.

The best site of all to check any accommodation before you book it is tripadvisor.com

It lists traveller's revues of thousands of hotels, etc and invites you to leave feedback after you've stayed somewhere.

So find yourself a place to stay from the internet, a travel brochure and then read what others have to say. You can even pick up great hints on what to do and where to eat close by.

When we had money stolen from our room safes at the Sea Sun Sand, there was another Aussie tourist there who told me that on a previous trip to Thailand (and I don't know where he stayed), that he and another tourist had several traveller's cheques removed from their pile and did not notice until they had moved on and then it was too late. He advised me that taking travellers cheques was just as risky as taking cash.

If you say so... :o

Actually, I'll agree with that. I've had traveler's checks removed from a book as well and didn't notice until later.

Traveller's checks are generally safer than cash but that doesn't mean they can't be cashed without your countersignature. Just because you have traveler's checks doesn't mean you should be any less careful with them.

• 1 month later...
The Sea, Sun Sand Resort sucks by the sound of things.

In my experience it is better to tell as many people as possible when things like this happens.

Thanks for posting it and I for one will be warning any future tourists friends of mine to avoid it like the plague, along with the Tuk-tuk drivers, airport limos et al.

Maybe this is old hat now, but I agree that we ought to warn people if we are sure of the facts. I am not in Phuket so cannot amble round to check, but can we be 100% sure of the accuracy of this name?

I have just found a Thai company named Sun Sea and Sand Co Ltd. If they are nothing to do with this lot they should do advised to do something to distance themselves from it.