Why Are Tv Member So Shy?

YangYaiEric

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that many TV members are rather hesitant, to say the least, to fill-out personal info. about themselves in their 'home' page on T.V. I've tried looking at several pages of TV members only to find NO info about themselves, such as hobbies, location, age, etc. I personally would find it very useful to have such info to view whenever I go to a TV members' personal page. This can give a mental 'picture' of the TV member for others to see. Unless, of course, the TV member has a reason NOT to, I suppose?

Any supporters of this thesis out there? :o

Low profile is good, you don't want to be hunted by the bar girls.

:D

Oh wow. Yeah I'd take the cops any day.

Hey, Eric

If that is your real name, I checked out your profile, your personal statement and photo that's very funny and about the vegitarian diet to cut down you body weight. The above comment that you said about mental picture of the TV member, your personal photo described you well.

The topic is Why Are Tv Member So Shy? you had a helmet on, may be you are shy.

Overall I like your TV profile.

Most of us are just too lazy. :o

i prefer to see it as common sense. even more so because we are members of an expat community and would be easier to find than joe in california.

perhaps you can begin by providing us with email adresses and phone numbers. we will take it from there.

our words should provide you with mental picture enough, just add a bottle of chang beside the computer and picture the individual in an egg-stained wifebeater and jockeys.

And then again, nah, lets stay incognito ! :D

post-41326-1193071383_thumb.jpg

Apparently I'm one of them who fills out almost every given bloody space there is, which probably makes me a potential target for stalkers-wannabes and the 3439594 people that I owe money to (to fund my crack).

Well, being fearless and skilled in the art of guise and stealth, I will only say, bring it. :o

fund your crack ? that has conjured up some visions in my dirty little mind ! :D

TV membership has many former KGB, SIS, BND and CIA agents lurking on this forum so things have to be kept secretive. Oh, did I forget MMC (Mickey Mouse Club)? :o

And at the other end of the spectrum: Some of us who are wildly internationally famous prefer to keep a low profile. Keeps the paparazzi at bay. :D

TV membership has many former KGB, SIS, BND and CIA agents lurking on this forum so things have to be kept secretive. Oh, did I forget MMC (Mickey Mouse Club)? :o

And at the other end of the spectrum: Some of us who are wildly internationally famous prefer to keep a low profile. Keeps the paparazzi at bay. :D

You can't fool us Britney :D

I have sometimes read a reply to a post and thought 'now he sounds interesting, I would like to know him better'. Go to the member profile and .... nothing!! Some people don't even say where they live, be it Chiang Mai, Bangkok or Hull much less some information to make themselves interesting, the temptation to send a PM saying 'I like the sound of you, could we be friends?' vanishes...

Colin in Pai, the guy who thinks anyone who spells 'loser' as 'looser' is an ill educated moron...

i can understand that some proud parent uses a picture of his/her child as avatar. what i don't understand is that a male uses the picture of a female.

Many of the avatars are interesting and quite unique but I agree with 'Naam' that a male using the picture of a female as an avatar remains a total mystery to me. I am not sure if it is a case of vagina envy, a wannabe coming out or just someone's personal statement relating to a supposed unisex culture !! :o

i can understand that some proud parent uses a picture of his/her child as avatar. what i don't understand is that a male uses the picture of a female.

Many of the avatars are interesting and quite unique but I agree with 'Naam' that a male using the picture of a female as an avatar remains a total mystery to me. I am not sure if it is a case of vagina envy, a wannabe coming out or just someone's personal statement relating to a supposed unisex culture !! :D

I see two immediate possibilities:

One being the appreciation of women and the desire to voice it through their avatar, just as one might a jet or a klingon :o (in my case, money and ForEx).

The second, a bit darker, is the attempt to portray oneself as something contrary to what they truly are. This doesn't only apply to the transgender, of course, it also goes with wealth, fame, physical fitness, etc...

I've noticed that many TV members are rather hesitant, to say the least, to fill-out personal info. about themselves in their 'home' page on T.V. I've tried looking at several pages of TV members only to find NO info about themselves, such as hobbies, location, age, etc. I personally would find it very useful to have such info to view whenever I go to a TV members' personal page. This can give a mental 'picture' of the TV member for others to see. Unless, of course, the TV member has a reason NOT to, I suppose?

:D I'm too lazy as well, and not only that, I'm not too computer savvy about how to add certain things, I do a lot of reading but not enough posting. On the other hand, can't we we keep a little privacy about ourselves. :D

Considering that people can claim to be just about anything they want to be on the Internet, why would anybody necessarily place any stock in profile details?

Reproducible photos of oneself. Said photos are especially great because they tell about a person, while not giving out enough detail to say "hey, I live on this and that street, condo ##, please rob me."

That would hopefully thin out the J. Edgars and Don Luciano-types of which I'm not going to lie, there seems to be a disparagingly high amount of them over the internet (though that's been said already).

Did a brief stint of tech support/customer service when I was 14-15 (haha, shows you what kind of service people are getting) for something like USD 5.50/hour and I swear every day I'd get something along the lines of:

"Hello, my name is ____ with the FBI. You must refund me for order ____ or action will be taken against your establishment."

or

"Do you know who I am? Blah, blah, blah random death threats and mafia hit list over a 20-30 USD purchase."

To which I'd copy and paste from a template (paraphrased, also, I gave no real customer service during this stint, just copied and pasted policies from a template on my computer):

"Hello ____,

are you aware it is a federal offense to ____ and can result in ____, etc..."

After which I'd get an apology in return and said customer would no longer persue the issue of a refund.

Moral: Lots of fakers on the internet and customer service through email rarely ever works.

It's intentional.

Thailand is a military dictatorship, my province still under martial law. There is no full freedom of expression.

So either I don't fill in my profile, or I limit myself to the Motoring forum.

Very reasonable.

Low profile is good, you don't want to be hunted by the bar girls.

Oh wow. Yeah I'd take the cops any day.

Hey, Eric

If that is your real name, I checked out your profile, your personal statement and photo that's very funny and about the vegitarian diet to cut down you body weight. The above comment that you said about mental picture of the TV member, your personal photo described you well.

The topic is Why Are Tv Member So Shy? you had a helmet on, may be you are shy.

Overall I like your TV profile.

Thanks alot, ares74 ! Glad to know that someone got something out of my profile page. About the helmet: no, I'm not the shy type, only trying to obey the law of the land on wearing a helmet while riding a bike! :D

Have a great day, matey! :D

Eric.

I have sometimes read a reply to a post and thought 'now he sounds interesting, I would like to know him better'. Go to the member profile and .... nothing!! Some people don't even say where they live, be it Chiang Mai, Bangkok or Hull much less some information to make themselves interesting, the temptation to send a PM saying 'I like the sound of you, could we be friends?' vanishes...

Colin in Pai, the guy who thinks anyone who spells 'loser' as 'looser' is an ill educated moron...

Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about 'niloc' ! Frustrating, isn't it? I personally think that each TV member post something interesting about themselves, whether real or made-up (hopefully real). Some entertaining tid-bit about themselves in order to make this forum slight more enjoyable.

Cheers for the comments, mate! :o

YangYai

hmm, then its working. I also agree with Colin, ill-educated though he may be.

Thanks alot, ares74 ! Glad to know that someone got something out of my profile page.

I just looked at your profile and note that you put "keep fit" as your first "interest".

How does that tally with the picture of you and your loved ones on the bike! :o (I can see where the "Yai" comes from!) :D

what i don't understand is that a male uses the picture of a female.

I've asked one member who does this and he reluctantly Acquiesced that he is "expressing his inner female". :o

My av is a ground squirrel with large nuts shouting 'Halloooooooooooooo ladies'.

So what?

Thanks alot, ares74 ! Glad to know that someone got something out of my profile page.

I just looked at your profile and note that you put "keep fit" as your first "interest".

How does that tally with the picture of you and your loved ones on the bike! :o (I can see where the "Yai" comes from!) :D

As funny as the pic. may seem to some folk, I'm quite spritely for my size :D ! Was quite a good squash player in my time, before the 'brew' got the better of me! :D Anyways, have now managed to cut the 'ald weight down to 106Kg, since starting the Veggie diet. Determined to get down to a size 42'' waist yet!!!

YangYai(Noi ?)