Bangkok Bank

slobbert

I opened a savings account last year at one of the Bangkok Bank branches in Pattaya. I opened it only to satisfy Immigration's requirement for extension of retirement visa so I'm very unfamiliar with how banks do business. I'd like to use the account more often this year so my question is -- Am I able to walk into my branch and deposit US dollars into the account without exchanging them for baht beforehand?

Am I able to walk into my branch and deposit US dollars into the account without exchanging them for baht beforehand?

Sure- but the bank will convert the US funds to Baht at the prevailing daily rate, and your actual deposit will be in Baht.

Edited by bino

Am I able to walk into my branch and deposit US dollars into the account without exchanging them for baht beforehand?

Sure- but the bank will convert the US funds to Baht at the prevailing daily rate, and your actual deposit will be in Baht.

Unless you open a US$ fixed term deposit, in which case I'm sure they

would accept the funds in dollars (cash).

Naka.

Edited by naka

That's fine. I just didn't want to plunk down a few thousand bucks on the counter only to hear that they won't accept them or would give me a couple more hoops to jump through. Thanks very much for the replies.

That's fine. I just didn't want to plunk down a few thousand bucks on the counter only to hear that they won't accept them or would give me a couple more hoops to jump through. Thanks very much for the replies.

There are zero issues regarding what you intend to do ... Oops, assuming it's a few thou and not a few mil in cash. :o

Naka.