Options For Hat Yai To Penang Airport

MattFS218

I have an airasia flight out of Penang at 10:00am on Saturday. I was wondering what my options would be for traveling down there from KPN / Ko Samui / Surat Thani

I figured I'd catch a minibus from Hat Yai to Penang. What time do the minibus's leave Hat Yai? Will the minibus drop me off at the Penang Airport? What is the earliest/latest departure of the minibus's from Hat Yai?

What time do buses leave Surat Thani headed for Hat Yai?

Thanks

I have an airasia flight out of Penang at 10:00am on Saturday. I was wondering what my options would be for traveling down there from KPN / Ko Samui / Surat Thani

I figured I'd catch a minibus from Hat Yai to Penang. What time do the minibus's leave Hat Yai? Will the minibus drop me off at the Penang Airport? What is the earliest/latest departure of the minibus's from Hat Yai?

What time do buses leave Surat Thani headed for Hat Yai?

Thanks

Bus schedules from Surat Thani to Hat Yai I'm not aware of (try a Google search?) but once in Hat Yai go to Cathay Guesthouse and book an air-con minivan to Georgetown from the agents on the ground floor at the entrance. Cost is 260B. Departure times: 9:30am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm, and 4:30pm, everyday (last one is 280B for some reason). Van starts loading a half hour before departure so get there early for a good seat.

I think if you want to go to Penang airport maybe you can ask them to drop you off right after the bus crosses the bridge and then you can flag a taxi from there rather than go all the way to Georgetown first and then have to double back (and pay twice the cab fare).

Edited by himalayan