How To Legally Adopt A Child In Los

Boo

Just for wolf5370 & pepe....... :D

Seriously though, this is soemthing I have thought about for awhile & even though me & hubs are young & I'm in the prime of my childbearing years I would really love to adopt a child as well as having one or two naturally.

So all of you in the know, how do you do it? If a thai child was adpoted by a farang women & thai man, would they have automatic rights to British Citizenship/dual nationality? etc...etc...etc

Serious answers pls :D For a change :o

Edited by Boo

If one of the parent was British, and the child was legally adopted in the country of its nationality, then you could apply for naturalisatiion of the child. I do not think it is automatic though as having your own kids would. If you were already married (minimum time probably applies), had other kids, then it should not be a problem.

Thanks Tuky, it's definately something I need to look into more but thanks to Scouse's link I can start researching everything we need to do & plan for the future as at the moment we are in no position to do it (financially) but hopefully in a year or two, wil be able to start the process seriously.

I do know of a young English couple living in LOS who are going through the process at the moment & it's taken so long (abt 8 mths so far) & has been so emotional for them but it's something they really wanted, especially as the wife was told she couldn't have kids in her early twenties, so winners all round, a kid gets a great family & a loving couple get the child they always wanted :o