Rocket Launched From China

Mrjlh

China just launched a rocket carrying a satellite. That's all I know.

So far a perfect launch. What's in it I don't know yet. Live coverage on Asia-Sat 3S

This is part of China's GPS satellite system which is to rival USA. It will become active in 2008 for all Asian countries to use. It was developed supposedly without any outside assistance but I suspect we will find others help them. I actually think this is a good thing because it will help Asian countries collectively. I think it's in the right direction. The rocket is modeled after the a French Ariean (sp) and might have been one.

Good launch so far.

China just launched a rocket carrying a satellite. That's all I know.

So far a perfect launch. What's in it I don't know yet. Live coverage on Asia-Sat 3S

This is part of China's GPS satellite system which is to rival USA. It will become active in 2008 for all Asian countries to use. It was developed supposedly without any outside assistance but I suspect we will find others help them. I actually think this is a good thing because it will help Asian countries collectively. I think it's in the right direction. The rocket is modeled after the a French Ariean (sp) and might have been one.

Good launch so far.

I just discovered it is China's FIRST lunar probe and not part of the GPS system as I originally thought. Can't speak Chinese so what do I know!

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/10/...e.ap/index.html

Edited by Mrjlh