Do You Know Any Thaing About ... Lenovo

ThaiLife

Just been reading an article in the Bangkok Post about a new notebook from a company called

Lenovo, ( the G400 ) ....Lenovo (Thailand) aims to be one of the top-five notebook vendors in Thailand and is introducing its first budget notebook, the G400, for less than 20,000 baht in a bid to capture a share of the mass market.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/Database/24Oct2007_data03.php

The G400 features Intel's Pentium Dual-Core T2080 (1.73GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1MB) processor and comes with a 14.1" WXGA High-Definition (HD) glossy widescreen display, in a sleek silver cover. The notebooks operate on DOS, and are equipped with Lenovo's high-touch full-sized keyboard, and trademark One Key Recovery, which allows users to easily recover data in the event of a crash.

The G400 comes with several features including a 4-in-1 memory card reader, a high-speed 56K modem, wireless technology of Lenovo 802.11 bg, and integrated Bluetooth v2.0. G400 is light weight (2.35 kg) and has a battery life up to 4 hrs, with pre-loaded Energy Cut 2.1 software for effective power management.

Communication and entertainment features include an integrated microphone, Realtek HD audio with greater than 8cc chamber design, and limited edition Power2Go 5.5 multimedia software to record various forms of data.

As ive never heard of ... Lenovo , has any on got / using one of their products, and can commnet on it , as to

its reliability and customer service aspect Etc ( where would you get a Lenovo repaired / serviced in Thailand )

The G400 sounds a good specification for under 20,000 Baht ... what do you think ..?

Thanks

Lenovo Group (China) is today the fourth largest personal computer manufacturer in the world, and the largest in the Asia-Pacific region as of 2006.

In 2005 Lenovo completed the acquisition of IBM’s Personal Computing Division, making the company the world's third largest computer manufacturer (after Hewlett-Packard and Dell).

Therefore the current families of desktops and laptops are mostly the former IBM models and developments and some newer Lenovo models.

I have 100 desktops and around 12 IBM/Lenovo laptops and so far it seems that Lenovo is producing the same quality as IBM was.

The specs look good for the G400 so the price, I don't think you will go wrong if you purchase.

(btw. I never liked IBM too much, the design of all laptops and desktops look like they were designed by a soviet team in the 80s)

post-26936-1193240304_thumb.jpg

Ive all ways bought Acer while here in Thailand , never once had a problem and the service network

seems to be good, as for the Lenovo , are they the ones who bought out a USA computer company

some time back , but as all ways the brand name laptop is only as good as the customer service

so not too sure about the service on a Lenovo.

I am also a Lenovo fan. I have a Thinkpad T43p with all the bells and whistles. I have had it for over a year now and am very happy with it. It has a three year international warranty and there are service centers here in Thailand.

A friend of mine bought a Toshiba at the same time as I bought my Lenovo. It had a one year warranty and right after the warranty expired he started having problems. It cost him 3,500 baht to repair the monitor and now it has stopped working again.