Any Good Movie Recommendations

davethailand

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thunderbirds are gay!

I know, I know, what did I expect. I was suckered into buying the dvd after watching the 'making of' on Star the previous evening. If there has ever been a worse film made (apart from Disney's The Kid) I'd like to know about it.

It's like The Goonies with no chunk, data, the breathalizer kid, the big fella who liked the chocolate, the great baddies, one eyed willie or the intelligent storyline [/irony] Take all that out, add 4 ripped gayboys and ghandi and you have Thunderbirds.

This film is rubbish from start to finish, with the exception of parker who has a couple of funny lines. I give it one finger for consistency.

Saw the trailer for Shaun of the Dead- looks like its a crack.

Finally saw Alien VS Predator- twas ok, but tell me this how is the bird running around Antartica without any gear on? (she'd freeze quick in my estimation)

It's a MOVIE Brit PURE FANTASY True?? :o

Everything by the Cohen brothers, especially The Big Lebowski

By director Jim Jarmusch - Coffee and Cigarettes, Down By Law, Mystery Train, Dead Man (and then Permanent Vacation and Ghost Dog if you like the above)

Shawshank Redemption

Buffalo 66

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Kieszlowskis Blue, White and Red movies

Gladiator

Rise the Red Lantern

Amateur by Hal Hartley

Hero (by Zhang Yimou)

Everything by Pedro Almodovar, especially 'Tie me up and love me'

Fletch 1 and 2

Lost in Translation

Killing Zoe

The Emperor's New Groove

Ice Age

The Matrix (but NOT THE SEQUELS)

Everything by the Cohen brothers, especially The Big Lebowski

I agree... The Big Lowbowski is a fantastic movie .. duuude ! :o

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Also fantastic.... martial arts action for the boys, and a love story for the girls...

totster :D

I thought Coffee and cigarettes was really awful..It is all improvisation! The only gem in it...was the segment with Iggy Pop and Tom Waits....

One of the best movies out this year, is definetely Man on Fire with Denzel Washington, Taking lives with Angelina Jolie is good as well, Bad Santa was hillarious.

The new Bourne is cracking, better than the first. Maybe it took the first film to get used to Matt Damon as Bourne.

Arthur was great, I felt Dudley Moore was badly cast as the leader of the fabled round table Knights but Liza Minelli was back to her best with her portrayal of the all singing, all dancing Guinevere.

*!Worst film ever alert!* *!Worst film ever alert!* *!Worst film ever alert!* *!Worst film ever alert!*

Higwaymen

It's a film about a semi paraplegic man who runs people over, and another man who tries to stop him. I make it sound better than it is.

*!Worst film ever alert!* *!Worst film ever alert!* *!Worst film ever alert!* *!Worst film ever alert!*

FTH- dunno didn't like Bourne Supremecy that much - no plot really. I far preferred the first and I was gutted after the first 10 minutes....... :o

King Arthur is rubbish- ROMAN BS.

Highway Men - yeah that was pretty bad picture.

Alias Season 3 is out- ooo how I druel over Jen Gardner

in case if u also dig 'girlish' movie

1. Happy Together --beautiful scenes & soundtracks

2. English Patient --beautiful scences, stunning cinemafotography & heartbreaking story

3. Love Actually --down to earth love story

4. Comrades, Almost a Love Story (Tian Mimi) --soooooo romantic indeed

5. Before Sunrise --beautiful one night stand

6. Trainspotting --it's oh so scotish! (I Luv Ya MARK RENTON!!)

7. Vanishing Point --excellent american easy rider (hero) film & great soundtracks

8. Kansas City --it's oh so jazzy filmnoir

9. 12 Monkeys --not the matter of Brad Pitt but the movie itself

10. Velvet Goldmine --we're glam rock!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Documentary: The Fog of War

Robert McNamara, former Secretary of Defense under JFK and LBJ candidly reflects upon his dealings with the Bay of Pigs/Cold War, WW2 Destruction of Japan and the Vietnam War.

I really enjoyed it. A great point of view and perspective that was shockingly honest. A must see for modern history buffs.

Mystic River - brilliant!

Agreed

Fight club

One of the best films of all time for me. Started clicking on to the twist pretty early on in the flick, but still didn't stop it being just as enjoyable.

Has anyone seen "H(E)LL BOY yet..?  It's just previewing in the UK and I was wondering whether to go and see it..

Pretty good, well worth a watch...

"Lost in Translation" (picked it up a while ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it). Most people have likely seen this but if you haven't, do so immediately, very relative to our expat way of living....and beautifully shot in Japan.

Agreed, but thought some of it was a bit "girly". Still, some of Bill Murray at his absolute best, and a great soundtrack to boot.

The new Bourne is cracking, better than the first. Maybe it took the first film to get used to Matt Damon as Bourne.

Have to agree, although I did watch the first one on HBO. Looking out for a Panthip special of it....

Film that really got my attention recently was K-Pax with Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges. Excellent script with some brilliant dialogue between the two. Best feature is that it leaves the final decision up to you. Quality soundtrack also...

And also, The Terminal - Well worth getting hold of on DVD when it's released (original I mean)...

Film that really got my attention recently was K-Pax with Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges. Excellent script with some brilliant dialogue between the two. Best feature is that it leaves the final decision up to you. Quality soundtrack also...

i saw it last yr

so very good film --the story is very arousing and i felt glued to keep watching from start to the end without moving my eyes or arse any seconds anywhere!

and yeh,

i like this kind of ending story

independent, yet the answer is not really gone to the wind!

and the movie didn't play with the audience too much