Surfing The Net

Stephen Cleary

I was wondering whether any of you could help me.

Due to a virus lately, i re-installed Windows but since then have had a problem surfing the Internet.

There is no problem for me getting through to a lotta sites like Tv, Yahoo, Google etc.... but other sites which i used to frequent are now inaccessable.

I work on the Internet and so have to use Google Seach, but so much of the time now i get one of them 'Page Cannot be Displayed' pages or i am taken through to 'Auto.search.msn.com'. I know though that those sites are completely accessable from Thailand. Yesterday, i had to spend a lot of my time done the Internet cafe just to freely surf the Net.

Then for a couple of websites, i am unable to access unless i type in 'www.'. If i leave it out and just use the http:// i can't get through!

I use TTT. Much appreciated, if you can help!

Did ya get all your updates and things after re install.  May keep tring and once you get to the sites then the history will start to get the URL's and data filled up again.  We re you able to save your old bookmarks or favorites they may link better then typing.

Be thankful you are not an outspoken political activist. Ours is a never ending world of disappearing posts, inaccessable sites and inexplicable crashes . Some local activists tell me that my net life is a total waste of time because they claim they have never been able to access any of my posts on any site.

Be thankful you are not an outspoken political activist. Ours is a never ending world of disappearing posts, inaccessable sites and inexplicable crashes . Some local activists tell me that my net life is a total waste of time because they claim they have never been able to access any of my posts on any site.

Interesting thought. I have a friend, an American, who lives in France. He blogs incessantly about events in France, and he's usually critical of the government. He has the freedom to do it but I think such a blogger would be given swift exit if he were to do it in LOS.

I think a lot of sites were blocked by Thai ISP authority recently, not controversial sites just big blocks of sites. I think same policy exists in China, heavy censor of the net. Ironically, a month ago I posted a single URL and asked here if anyone could visit it from Thailand, because my wife said it was not accessible. Innocent enough request but I guess no URLs can be posted here. The site monitors here removed the post within minutes and did something to my IP address so that all calls to thaivisa resulted in a message that my account was suspended. Well it makes one wonder about banning sites and the status quo and who calls the shots. Perhaps someday money will be required to keep sites off Thai ISP block.

Sounds like your DNS settings may need to be fixed.

All right thanks.

The access got just worse and worse and i wasn't even able to get through to opendns.com. I managed to download Ultrasurf 8.6 proxy from one site and it was only then that i could get through to opendns.com and all the other sites i needed. Yeah, it was a DNS problem all along, fixed now - with the help of opendns. Thanks for the link!

Edited by Stephen Cleary

The site monitors here removed the post within minutes and did something to my IP address so that all calls to thaivisa resulted in a message that my account was suspended.

Correction: your second alias on the forum was discovered and consequently disabled by admin.

In accordance with the forum rules here, multiple accounts on the Thaivisa Forum are not permitted.