Whats The Point ?.

kevc

God that's really interesting

Thanks very much for sharing.

Not at all, .............but what is the point of wearing a face mask to stop the fumes then gulping down cigarette smoke straight down your throat. sorry but it's been a boring day.

I see your point, but i suppose it's quite funny when you think about it.

It's like when some people go to McDonalds order a big mac large fries apple pie etc then order a diet coke!!

Btw i can't believe you can buy double big macs now, 4 burgers!! What the....

I'll tell you, cigarette smoke is far less bad for you when you compare it with asbestos lined brake pads, dirty diesel fumes and other traffic fumes spewing out everywhere, especially Bangkok. This sort of sht is what the big killer is. Cigarettes are just easy to blame on cancers. Yes they may cause cancer in some people but so does alcohol and many drink a lot more than they smoke.

Most cigarettes have filters on them (some more than others), you smoke them hard you'll get more toxins into you, smoke it mildly and or just smoke 1 quarter to a half: the filter gets rid of most of the sht.

Too many people follow this blind faith of cigarettes being the be all and end all of life!

Been on the roads of Bangkok (inner city) on a bike in rush hour without a mask... After thirty minutes you feel like spewing and feel sick as a dog any longer and you'll be quite ill.

Having about ten cigarettes is nowhere near as bad (although I wouldn't smoke with all the smog around me).

Edited by JimsKnight

I'll tell you, cigarette smoke is far less bad for you when you compare it with asbestos lined brake pads, dirty diesel fumes and other traffic fumes spewing out everywhere, especially Bangkok. This sort of sht is what the big killer is. Cigarettes are just easy to blame on cancers. Yes they may cause cancer in some people but so does alcohol and many drink a lot more than they smoke.

Most cigarettes have filters on them (some more than others), you smoke them hard you'll get more toxins into you, smoke it mildly and or just smoke 1 quarter to a half: the filter gets rid of most of the sht.

Too many people follow this blind faith of cigarettes being the be all and end all of life!

As someone who loves smoking but begrudgingly abstains (most of the time) because of health concerns, i can only say i wish i could believe what you are saying. Is this just what you say to yourself to make you feel better about doing something pretty idiotic, or do you truly believe that in fact smoking is pretty harmless?

If you don't know the difference between cigarette smoke and exhaust fumes, I think you're a silly billy.

Personally, when I'm stuck at a red light on the back of a moto taxi, with all the pollution swirling round, I find it really hard to enjoy my cigarette. But I soldier on.

If you don't know the difference between cigarette smoke and exhaust fumes, I think you're a silly billy.

Personally, when I'm stuck at a red light on the back of a moto taxi, with all the pollution swirling round, I find it really hard to enjoy my cigarette. But I soldier on.

GH,

Not sticking my head in the sand (it plays murder with the helmet:) ) just telling it like it is Guesthouse.

Agreed, it's no big deal if someone wants to smoke in the smog, it's up to them. But it seems a bit much for someone to start a topic on TV about it, or maybe it's kind-off cool somehow having a cigarette while the smogs all around???

Edited by JimsKnight

Perhaps the guy was about to rob a bank but first had to have a smoke to calm his nerves.

Bravo MM----

Like it or not, there IS a big difference in involuntarily breathing asbestos, diesel etc. and firing up a cigarette for your own enjoyment. I don't know about you, but I get nothing from diesel fumes. The smell of racing fuel is something different... :o

If the non-smoking nazis think you will live forever as long as you don't smoke, I've got some land for ya in Burma...... :D

But it seems a bit much for someone to start a topic on TV about it, or maybe it's kind-off cool somehow having a cigarette while the smogs all around???

Why, it caught your interest enough to submit two posts.

Been on the roads of Bangkok (inner city) on a bike in rush hour without a mask... After thirty minutes you feel like spewing and feel sick as a dog any longer and you'll be quite ill.

Having about ten cigarettes is nowhere near as bad (although I wouldn't smoke with all the smog around me).

Hahaha. yes, and a shotgun can do more damage than a .38 special. Unfortunately, more people die from .38 special wounds than shotgun blasts.

"A Spanish study has revealed that tobacco smoke is 60 times more toxic than traffic fumes" (17 September 2006). http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publi...icle_6359.shtml

Car fumes have larger particulates and a large part can be blocked by mucous and nose hairs. Cigarettes deliver all of the chemical additives and poisons directly to the lungs including CO, HCN (Hydrogen cyanide), ammonia etc.

Cigarette smoke bad. Make your weewee go floppy. You no have boom boom if you smoke lots.