A Weighty Question.

otherstuff1957

Have you lost weight or gained it since moving to Thailand?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been living in Bangkok for over nine months now and I usually eat Thai food. When I first arrived here I weighed 90 kilos. I've lost about a kilo a month and now weigh 80 kilos (I'm 183cm -almost 6'1"- tall). I feel fine and have lots of energy, so I think it's just the change in diet, lifestyle, job, marital status, etc...

How about the rest of you? Is this change typical?

I've been living in Bangkok for over nine months now and I usually eat Thai food.  When I first arrived here I weighed 90 kilos.  I've lost about a kilo a month and now weigh 80 kilos (I'm 183cm  -almost 6'1"- tall).  I feel fine and have lots of energy, so I think it's just the change in diet, lifestyle, job, marital status, etc...

How about the rest of you?  Is this change typical?

I think it's normal. I came here weighing 90 kilos (@ 5' 11"), went down to 75 after one year with mostly a Thai diet, then moved to my own house with a decent kitchen, found farang food shops and cooking equipment, and I'm now back up to 85! Also found a good Indian restaurant...

But I also discovered that most Thai people who knew me when I was 90 kilos complained that I was too thin when I went down to 75 - maybe they are used to farangs being overweight. :o

Sports and exercise, that's the hint.

I stopped my mountainbiking in the hot season. Than I blamed the rains of the rainy season for not picking it up again. I gained ten kilos (I don't say no to a beer either and I certainly will not spit in it).

Breakfast of brown bread, ham, fried eggs and a melting layer of cheese on top, organo and salt, ok some snippered onions. The pillar of the day.

I hardly know how to walk anymore. To the village around the corner I take the Yamaha Fresh (little bit lower and lighter than the Dream, driving more 'smooth' as well and more economic in the long run) and to town the car.

That's what I miss, the normal life walking. I feel like a bag of potatoes.

Self-discipline, where can you buy that?