Architects And Custom Home Builders

izzy

I'm looking for information on architects and custom home builders in the Chiang Mai area. I need to have some house plans prepared and then will need a builder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since there are many levels of quaility and many different styles of design, it is very difficult to respond without knowing what you want. You might travel around and find a home close to complete that you like and inquire who the architect and contractor are.

If a fat canadian approaches you....run

??

:o:D

Someone care to fill us in on fat Canadians and housebuilding, you've lost me on that one.

Good suggestion above, to find houses near completion and talk to both owners and contractors.

Even if a builder was good a few years ago, it might not be the case now ,as his employees might have changed, this can greatly affect the quality of the work.

In my view May37 are the best architects in CM, They don't just work on big projects they recently handled a very small job for me but with a very high level of professionalism. Get the number from their website and give them a call. Ask to speak to Dang the senior partner. He lectured for 14 years in the US and is a top bloke.

I'm looking for information on architects and custom home builders in the Chiang Mai area. I need to have some house plans prepared and then will need a builder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I occasionally saw some ads selling finished house plans. some even has multi-trades' plans (i.e. architecture, ME, elec., etc.) These plans are signed off by all necessary arch./engrs. They claimed to have hundreds of plans for sale, at a great savings (their claim, not mine). [That made me wonder if they keep the house plan they did for their previous clients and resell them.]

I used to think that if I wanted to build a house, I'd check and buy one of the plans. I may modify from it slightly to suit my preference.

I believe I saw it on yello.co.th. but just now did a quich check for you, I couldn't find it. Not sure if I checked in the right category. You may need someone who can read Thai to give you a hand, or to google it.

Maybe worth checking..