7 Eleven Vs Family Mart

I would like to buy and open a franchise from one those convenience store in Thailand, not looking to get rich but reather a way to stay and live modestly in LOS. Do they make any profit, are they good investment? or would a Black Canyon or Sweensen's be a better investment?

Any help I can get would be helpful, please any coments is welcome.

bonviveur

I would like to buy and open a franchise from one those convenience store in Thailand, not looking to get rich but reather a way to stay and live modestly in LOS. Do they make any profit, are they good investment? or would a Black Canyon or Sweensen's be a better investment?

bonviveur

I heard somewhere that a 7/11 with decent traffic makes about 60Kbaht profit per month.

That subway in carrefour would be kicking ass if it were in south pataya and open as late as posible.

Buddy of mine owns part of a subway in bangkok. he is very pleased with results and hinted at 18 month payback period. and hes got one of the out of the way locations.

If you are thinking of opening a 7-11, make sure you can find a good thai manager.

7-11 has a policy that you MUST hire a thai manager. No farangs allowed.

Gotta love this country. :o By the way, does anyone know if there is a thai word for discrimination?

• 5 years later...

what is the real earning of the buyer of a franchise?

is it true what i heard, that the owner will have to give family mart, 60% of the earning and he only gets to keep 40%.

however 80% of the electric bill is paid by family mart and 20% by the owner.

i wonder how much could it make a family mart based in one of those isolated soi, and if the profits are enough to provide a comfortable living in Thailand.

bonviveur

I like 7/11 more because it is cheaper.A big bottle of SiamSota is 25 bht.

what is the real earning of the buyer of a franchise?

is it true what i heard, that the owner will have to give family mart, 60% of the earning and he only gets to keep 40%.

however 80% of the electric bill is paid by family mart and 20% by the owner.

i wonder how much could it make a family mart based in one of those isolated soi, and if the profits are enough to provide a comfortable living in Thailand.

This thread is 5 years old, there is probably more current information available somewhere. This was found in the SME subforum above, probably other similar topics there.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Runnig-7-eleven-t185262.html

Edited by beechguy