Cable Tv,hang Dong,mae Rim & Outskirts Of Cm

uptou

Hello,is cable tv generally available in towns such as hang dong (in moo baan's etc),& towns of similar radius outside cm?

I'm not really interested in getting satellite unless its shared.

Not in Hang Dong... don't know about Mae Rim.

Fast ADSL though and I watch American tv over the net... for me this is the only way to go. UBC is the worst!

Yes, UBC sucks ass. But then, so does my Internet. What are you using for Internet, Swain?

Soon none of this will matter and fast internet (& decent quality TV over Internet) will be everywhere, even on Doi Suthep.. But we're a couple years away from that.

Heck, when I came to Chiang Mai, making a phone call out of town was iffy. I count my blessings.

Edited by TheEmperorOfTheNorth

Yes, UBC sucks ass. But then, so does my Internet. What are you using for Internet, Swain?

Soon none of this will matter and fast internet (& decent quality TV over Internet) will be everywhere, even on Doi Suthep.. But we're a couple years away from that.

Heck, when I came to Chiang Mai, making a phone call out of town was iffy. I count my blessings.

I have TT&T which I was in love with before they GAVE us (ha) double the speed (haha) for the same money. Its true they have boosted the speed but only late at night.. 11pm to about 7am I truly am getting twice the speed. For me this is ok... as I work at night. For my wife and anyone else the speed has dropped to about 25 percent of what I had before they gave us double the bandwidth for the same price. During the late hours we can watch full streaming TV stations such as SciFi and Comedy central as well as well as ABC NBC, CBS and spike. We are still looking for a good source for The USA channel but to date have not found it. I joined a site that allows me to stream all the American sitcoms and dramas when I want to watch them. I wont list the name as I am not trying to promote anyone. I am a TV junkie and UBC was just not doing it for me... Now I feed my habit and am contented. Yes yes horrible vice.. but what are you going to do... I guess its better than smoking and or booze.

Edited by swain

Thanks for the advice.

I'm mainly not interested in sat tv due to the uncertain visa situation,& the monthly fees seem a little over the top seing as i have been paying 100 baht a month for cable,but are there any other reasons why ubc/true is not that great?is it just the lack of channels?

I may end up getting it if i have to sit through too much sentimental thai tv. :o

Hello,is cable tv generally available in towns such as hang dong (in moo baan's etc),& towns of similar radius outside cm?

I'm not really interested in getting satellite unless its shared.

Not in Hang Dong... don't know about Mae Rim.

Fast ADSL though and I watch American tv over the net... for me this is the only way to go. UBC is the worst!

i would love to know how you do that.... im not really into IT and all that , do you subscribe to a website? how does it work? im always told the internet is really slow here but this is the only country ive ever had the internet in so i wouldnt know. :o