Indoor Outdoor?

siam-i-am

Having an indoor pool usually means less cleaning, less chlorine demand because the sunlight is not gassing off the chlorine, lower heating costs in the cooler weather, and less water loss to evaporation.

The downsides are that you get higher humidity and some chlorine smell in the house. This can lead to problems with mildew. The smell you won't notice after a day but guests likely will, especially if you have a jacuzzi. Evaporation can also leave the pool enclosure very damp, and the ceiling constantly dripping with water. Mildew and algae grow quickly around windows and dripping water can introduce them to your pool.

Most of these problems can be dealt with if you have proper ventilation. You will need to install an exhaust fan(s) in the pool room of sufficient size. With this running it creates a negative pressure area inside the pool room, keeping chlorine and humidity from entering the house itself. It will also draw drier air from the house, which will absorb moisture from the pool room and deposit it outside.

If you feel you need to air condition the area that the pool is enclosed in, be sure it draws air from the house, not the outside, or it will pressurize the pool room and push the damp, chlorine laden air into every corner of the house.

Pool room dehumidifiers work, but are expensive, loud, and unnecessary in the case of most smaller pools. They also don't solve the problem of keeping the smell out of the house.

If you feel you need to air condition the area that the pool is enclosed in, be sure it draws air from the house, not the outside, or it will pressurize the pool room and push the damp, chlorine laden air into every corner of the house.

i have a roofed pool, three sides enclosed by a u-shaped home and plan presently to enclose it fully as well as airconditioning the pool area. aircons commonly available in Thailand do not pressurise any area but just recirculate.

proper ventilation of the pool area is of course still mandatory to keep humidity in check, especially when the water temperature is higher than the ambient temperature in pool area. even then any forced ventilation through ceiling over pool area (in my case already installed and functional) can be done without problems and with open doors to the home if the suction area for outside air is properly dimensioned and no windows or doors of the home are open.

looking for a company (Pattaya area) which can build according to my design and specifications a hybrid compressor/condenser unit which i can switch manually aircooled or watercooled to heat up my water temperature when needed. if any suggestions please PM me.

i have a roofed pool, three sides enclosed by a u-shaped home and plan presently to enclose it fully as well as airconditioning the pool area. aircons commonly available in Thailand do not pressurise any area but just recirculate

Thanks Guys, a lot more to it than I thought, maybe a better bet would be to build it away from the house via a covered walk way.