Bicycle Speedometer

mezcal

As I dont have a speedo on my Bandit 400, I would like to install a digital bicycle speedometer, which I heard are good enough, even on high velocities.

Does anyone know were I could find one? Bkk or Pattaya?

ALSO: One of my carburators is leaking a bit of fuel from the bottom part. What could it be? I tightened the screws on the outside but they seemed ok. I didnt want to open it for fear of not being able to close it again... :o:D

thaks a lot

Mks

post-47052-1193675955_thumb.jpg

The digital bicycle speedometers do work, I have seen them. You also get the advantage of all their other functions. i.e. trip meter, average speed. fastest speed, elapsed time etc.

Pick one up at any bicycle shop but check the literature that comes with them first. They show the speed range the model is capable of registering. Some of the CatEye models are good to 150 mph+!!

Have another quick look at the carbs and see if it is leaking from the rubber seal between the body and the bowl or from the drain bolt on the bottom of the bowl. Either can be easily fixed by removing, cleaning and using instant gasket. If between the bowl and body take care not to use too much gasket paste or it will foul the float. You will need a very thin layer.

Let me know if you have no luck with the speedo, I have a little used one I took off an as new bicycle I bought