What Kind Of Visa(s)?

Hi lady's and gent's,

Can you help me with this question i have about visa's, due to all types of visa's i am lost in the woods.

Currently i am staying in Holland and in December i will go to Thailand.

In January we (me and my tgf) will get married.

Our plan is to stay in Thailand so it would be really nice if i could get a 1 year multi entry visa.

I am 27 years old and when i move to Thailand i not have any work or income.

If anybody need more details please ask.

What are my options ?

Thanks for your time !!

Michael

You did not provide your nationality but a non immigrant visa for marriage is after marriage - not before. At age 27 you are planning on moving to Thailand with no income or employment? Do you or she have savings? After marriage a non immigrant visa should be available but extensions would require 40k per month family income.

I'm Dutch and i know i only can get a one year visa after i got married.

But are there any options like, coming to Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa and then get a 1 year visa after we get married (or something like that).

And yes i am moving to Thailand with no work or income, but i have enough savings to stay for at least 10 years in Thailand without working.

(I should be able to find a job in this time.)

However if i need to have an income of 40.000THB (monthly) i have to find a job asap.

Thanks for your help !!

Well the wife can be the earner if that works out easier (no work permit required for her). You can arrive on a tourist visa and after marriage you can extend your stay 60 days under provision 7.23 one time if you wish. That would cover the first 4-5 months (you could also extend the tourist visa 30 days first). Non immigrant O visa is normally available at most Consulates but the multi entry type is very restricted in Asia and currently Penang and Singapore seem to be the best chance. In Singapore a bank account that equals 400k baht would likely have to be shown. At all your marriage certificate, copy of wife id card and perhaps her home register/letter from her inviting your visit are the normal visa requirements.

Hi lady's and gent's,

Can you help me with this question i have about visa's, due to all types of visa's i am lost in the woods.

Currently i am staying in Holland and in December i will go to Thailand.

In January we (me and my tgf) will get married.

Our plan is to stay in Thailand so it would be really nice if i could get a 1 year multi entry visa.

I am 27 years old and when i move to Thailand i not have any work or income.

If anybody need more details please ask.

What are my options ?

Thanks for your time !!

Michael

Sorry, this is not visa advice, but you're only 27 years old. Have you lived in Thailand for any length of time? How much experience do you have with Thai women?

Why not spend some time in Thailand before you commit to a marriage. Get to know the ropes. The grass always seems greener somewhere else.

Sideline note, apart from the Visa question..

If you have money enough for the coming 10 years, did you consider a 'prenuptial' agreement ? (Huwelijkse Voorwaarden).

You're still very young; BEWARE !...and suggest you prepare yourself a bit more BEFORE you marry for eventual consequences in the future.

You could lose a lot.... :o

LaoPo

Lopburi3. Im sure its said many times on this forum, but can you explain the "extension" one more time? I have a multiple entry non-o. First one. When this is used up in september next year, what do i do then?

Is it possible to go to Penang and get a new multiple o on the same requirements i did before? Or, must i show income in Thailand? And the incomepart, would it be possible to show money sent from sweden?

I mean, i have a thai bankaccount. I regulary transfer money to that one from Sweden. Would that qualify as "income"?

We live of our company in my thai wifes name. What kind of papers do we take that prove the income. I mean, my wife is the md in her own company, she can set her salery to wathever they want it to be, but what "proof" will they need?

Many questions, but the main one is "extension". Is that the same as getting a new visa or are there 2 different options in my case next year?

You should set a salary of 40k or more for your wife (if you have no income) so that she can qualify you for extension of stay. Tax payment records seem to be the requirement but the period of time has varied from 3 months to last years tax payments so is difficult to judge in advance. But the sooner this is started the better (you can always obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa to cover an extra 3 months a time or two). If unable to meet the requirements for extension of stay what you currently have is the best option. With financial proof of some kind this visa may be obtained in the area and usually can be obtained in home countries with even less paperwork. As for Penang a year from now who knows. Until a few months ago it was not available in Penang for a period of time so advance planning is not something you can really depend on.

@tropo : for the last 6 years i've been traveling to thailand for 2x a year (averaging 4 weeks a time), the last year i stayed in Thailand for 8 months (on 60 day tourist visa's). I dont have much experience with thai woman except for my girlfriend (for a little over 4 years now.) Does this qualify to move to thailand ???

@LaoPo : Thanks for your tip, i will consider it !